Kurt Cobain

Discussion in 'Music' started by blindhobosam, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I see what you're saying about Nirvana. As far as Korn goes,... that's pushing it, imo, but to each his own... :p

2. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

a depressed drug farked loser..

3. blindhobosam

blindhobosam The Legend

people are just repeating earlier comments made...

4. _see_

_see_ Member

if u re arrange the letters in his 1st name it spells turk

5. blindhobosam

blindhobosam The Legend

and if you spell his name backwards you get niaboc truk

6. Vicar_in_a_Tutu

Vicar_in_a_Tutu Member

Cool person with some great views

7. Vicar_in_a_Tutu

Vicar_in_a_Tutu Member

So he's a loser because he was depressed?

8. Vicar_in_a_Tutu

Vicar_in_a_Tutu Member

WTF is a 'loser' anyway?

9. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

i love nirvana's music, and always will, but kurt cobain was/is in no way idol-worthy. he was fucked in the head and was completely psycho. not to mention a giant asshole. he demanded that he get 100% revenue from the lyrics he wrote, and a 75/25 split for the music, and threatened to break up nirvana if he didn't get it.

the very day after his daughter's birth, he went into the hospital with a .38 and tried convincing his wife to commit suicide with him. she agreed, and took the gun from him, to stop him.

he was fucked, man. after reading some of the stuff i've read about him, i lost alot of repsect for him, and wouldn't hold him as an idol, ever. i used to, but not now. i still love the music, just not the guy that wrote it.

10. blindhobosam

blindhobosam The Legend

it seems fair enough about the songs as he did write them all...

11. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

I think he had an amazing singing voice and awesome hair...The only reason he's an icon is because he splattered his brains on his garage wall...I mean he was planning on joining Hole for fecks sake, I see a career going down the pan...

12. blindhobosam

blindhobosam The Legend

yeah, i think that kurt cobain would have got tiresome if he had lived much longer...

13. all_rhodesian_reject

Holy fucking shit, i just discovered that i posted on this, on the 2nd page, holy shit i have no memory what so ever of that!

14. blindhobosam

blindhobosam The Legend

this is the first thread ive ever started that's been this long...

15. all_rhodesian_reject

i started a pretty big one once...

16. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

Kurt Cobain was fucked in the head, tell me of a genius that is not. All genius, particularly artistic is usually atleast slightly warped.

Those people that do not understand why Nirvana are revered and are loved more than Mud Honey etc you probably never will.

If you don't understand why Nirvana and particularly Cobain are great, it is not him, its you.

POLLY may be musically very simple, but is far more powerful than any Led Zep song or any 20 minute epic. Attacking Cobains guitar playing or or attacking his abilities as a musician shows you have no idea about art or pop music.

There are many musicians who are technically better musicians than the Beatles, but they are the greatest group ever, work it out.

17. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

woah, relax. i didn't go after his musicianship, at all. in fact, if you look at my post, i said that i love his music, and always will...

ugh, no. it's not. a guy who wanted to kill himself and his wife, the day after his baby daughter was born, is not a great man. that's fucking warped.

18. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

I am not saying he was a great person and if you had read my post properly you may have noticed that I said that he was warped. What I am saying is that he was a great artist and with this usually comes the "fucked up" mentality.

What I mean when I say "Its not him, its you" is when people can not see what a great artist Cobain was, it is not because he was not, but that they are incapable of seeing what others see. Alot of the time because they are too immersed in flashy guitar players and leather panted front men who are at large incredibly superficial.

They probably never will understand why he is great (again artist, not person) because they are not willing to find out, instead they choose to retain a surface opinion dictated from what they have heard about him.

Lastly, when someone is in such a bad way that they choose to take their life, as selfish as this is, it is extremely callous to call such a person a "loser" and the people that do only make the reasons for their lack of understanding all the more clear.

19. blackcatbones

blackcatbones Member

Useless. Overrated. Dead.

20. Speedbump that may on it's best day hurt super low sports cars but that is the peak of it's life