Kurt Cobain

Discussion in 'Music' started by blindhobosam, Jan 1, 2005.

1. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I think he was very inspriational. I also think he was murdered. It's sad that he was a junkie. He inspired a lot of people I know to become herion addicts.

2. Floris

Floris Member

Very much overrated... Soundgarden is a band from the same era and the same style, but they were much better... Only they didn't have a junky, whining, depressive exaggerating singer who sang like he was taking a shit... (which is of course a must for popularity)

3. Timmaniac

Timmaniac Member

you bet!

soundgarden is much better

4. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

His teen life was only "troubled" because he was a whiny spoiled little girl with no self-control. And he never really lived under any fucking bridges.... that's just where he would pass out when he was too drunk or fucked up and ashamed to walk home... He just exaggerated and made up a bunch of bullshit so that he could brainwash all the little 15 year olds out there for the next few decades into thinking he was some kind of hero. It's all crap.

5. surfingdreamer

surfingdreamer Member

hmm... im always gonna have a soft spot for kurt and nirvana... they've been with me though a few tough times...

im under no illusions though-

kurt = drunken idiot or poetic genius ?

id say drunken poet...

xox

6. Dr.antelope

Dr.antelope Member

a god among men, in my opinion, i have a deep rooted connection with nirvana..

7. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

"I am the anti guitar hero, I can barely play" Kurt Cobain.

The people who say Kurt was crap at guitar (which he was not) or a bad musician are completely missing the point. Pop music has never been about being a great musician, Phil Collins is a good musician but I would choose Kurt everytime.

"I can`t play the trumpet, but Im an artist I would get something out of it" John Lennon.

Kurt was a song writing genius who wrote completely original lyrics, sometimes they were sparse images or a story (Polly) he wrote about harrowing subjects and with humour. He rarely wrote anything that was self pitying and anyone that say this are just expressing a surface opinion that means nothing.

His songs were original and only he could have wrote them, he was an extremely intelligent person with a crippling stomach ailment that eventually got too much for him.

No one says he is equal to Lennon or Dylan etc, but he was a great artist all the same.

8. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Whether you like him or not, he will always be important as he came to be the symbol of that generation.

9. Pa_Hippie124

Pa_Hippie124 Member

Kurt Cobain Had Amazing Talent, Amazing lyrics

10. Hippievixen

Hippievixen Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Cobain was absolutely brilliant... His scream, his lyrics, his music...

And a Pisces...

gotta love 'em :)

11. Hippievixen

Hippievixen Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

*LoL*

you're hilarious, Floris.

I love Cobain but I can see where you are coming from.

12. flowerchild17

flowerchild17 I practice safe sax.

Christ, what makes you say that? What proof do you have either way? And I never said he was some kind of hero, I said he was one hell of an inspirational person who has inspired my own music, and his life has inspired me as a human being.

And not every star that makes it big in this world started out as some rich spoiled little brat who's parents paid their way to the top. Yeesh, just because you don't like a person/musician doesn't mean you have to be so damn negitive towards the people who do like him. And I'm not some "brainwashed little 15 year old" thank you very much. I don't sit here morning noon and night around some Cobain shrine in my room next to my acoustic guitar with black candles like a lot of stupid people do. There are other people who I look too, believe it or not!:rolleyes: I appricaite him, but fuck he was no god. He was just another human being! Is it so wrong to find inspiration in his music and his life?

13. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

He observed society and made comments that I found to be spot on. I see him as a very sensitive, fragile person, who could not deal with the asphalt jungle that is our reality. It made him hurt all the time. RIP

14. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

I think he's pretty damn cool, he had AWESOME hair and did contribute a lot to music...still if he hadn't died then he'd be another has been aging rocker, and we wouldn't have the Foo's :p

R.I.P Kurt

15. Elle

Elle Senior Member

I agree with this and blackguard too. Very right on.

16. YEM28

YEM28 Member

his lyrics were alright, but people list him in the top 20 guitarists. He is listed over the likes of Duane Allman, Garcia and Anastasio...come on

17. mazzy

mazzy Member

...brilliant

18. LadyOfTheFlowers

LadyOfTheFlowers Member

well,the fact is....taht kurt is(was) icon of 90,i have his dairy ,his lyrics are not so good as one told,hm....but their songs are good,ok....and it is pleasent to listen to NIrvana ....

19. Ash_Freakstreet

Ash_Freakstreet Hmm.... GROOVY!

Kurt Cobain... yeah, I know that guy.
    He and I used to hang out under that bridge in Aberdeen.
    He had this little band called Ted Ed Fred
    I wonder what happened of him

:D :D :D

Hey, I really liked his song called "Spank Thru"... There are not many good songs about masturbation. So if you guys know him, tell him to put it out on a CD.

20. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

Some of his lyrics are great, he was never political but sometimes satirical. The lyrics to Floyd the barber are an amusing little story. He was extremely talented. The Heart shaped box video was his idea, his idea for the Nevermind cover is on that people that have never heard Nirvana recognise even today. I don`t like him because he is dead but in spite of it. He wrote Smells like teen spirit, a song that despite it being played into the ground remains one of the greatest songs ever.