Krispy Kreme

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Spuff, May 18, 2004.

1. Spuff

Spuff Where's my ciggies?

Does anyone else think that Krispy Kreme is something else American and fattening that we don't need? I mean, McDonald's and Burger King have already added a fair share of weight to British people.

2. flowerchild17

flowerchild17 I practice safe sax.

Heeeeeeeey! Those are damn good doughnuts! :p Every week when we had AM Jazz band our director would bring us a box or two and we'd divide them up or have a sprinkle fight.... Keep the young children of America entertained! And they're not htat bad as long as you dont eat them everyday! :p

3. Spuff

I suppose if you eat them in moderation, they're okay ... but there are a lot of people who like to eat and perhaps it could be a bad thing. I know as soon as there's a Krispy Kreme near me, I'll be trying them out but I know to eat doughnuts rarely!

4. Spyder

Spyder La dah de dah

yeah yeah moderation....hmmmm sweeeeeettt dooooooooghnuts homer styleehee

5. flowerchild17

flowerchild17 I practice safe sax.

Yeah... moderation... I had one once a week with band and I didn't gain 20 pounds :D

6. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Only people getting fat here are the multinational corporate bastards in the seats of power....

7. autumn_jewels

autumn_jewels Member

never heard of krispie kreme but when im at my moms she gets donuts from asda all the time and i eat soooooo many:p ...i have em for breakfast sometimes lol (an she tells me off hehehe);) but theyre so good..!!!!! but im not fat so ..... lucky me:eek: :cool:

8. Spuff

Some people just have high motabolism ... those lucky people!!:p

9. Maon

Maon Member

I have a particular hate for national and internaional chains in general .. for example the huge supermarkets actually limit choice and suck money out of communities ... do your bit .. go to the grocer when you can and shop locally if possibly .. think a little deeper as to the ramifications of what they are

10. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

See, in principle, I agree. Great idea. In practice though, shopping locally for me means using inbred fucktards with no sense of courtesy and a generally shite attitude. Not to mention sub-standard vegetables, lack of choice, and other sundry issues. I mean one of our local shops doesn't seem to actually understand English. They sell packs of beansprouts, leaving them out until their sell-by date. Of course it seems to be beyond their ability to comprehend the sell-by date is based on the assumption that the product is stored as per the instructions on the packet -i.e. refrigerated. As a result, purchasing beansprouts locally is a somewhat hit and miss affair. Catch 'em early and you're in luck. Catch 'em late, and all you'll find i decomposing packets of mush.

If local shops want to survive, then they need to realise it's a two-way street. People will only shop in the smaller local shops if they provide the kind of service that motivates people to use them.

11. random_spontaneosity

random_spontaneosity Member

they are sooooooooooooooo nice,.

you know we got a box of 12 and it took four of us 3 days to eat them up. we were eating them for breakfast coz we didnt want them for lunch. they so filling and tasty..... nicest doughnuts ive ever eaten...

12. Ellie-Rose

Ellie-Rose Le Muppet

I have never ever ever ever heard of them

13. boog

boog A square peg

never heard of em either
    but in Cov town theres a guy that sells 5 donuts for a quid and there niiiice

14. butterfly

butterfly Member

I've never tried them, but I've heard of them and they sound niiiice. Where can one purchase such items? London only?