Krishna on attachments...

Discussion in 'Hinduism' started by Ajay0, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

When a person thinks deeply of sense-objects, he feels an attachment for them. Attachment gives rise to desire and desire(when obstructed) breeds anger. From anger comes delusion which results in loss of memory. The loss of memory causes destruction of discrimination and from the ruin of discrimination the man perishes.(BG-2 : 63)

Here we find Krishna stating in the Bhagavad Gita the general human psychology with respect to attachments and the anger it creates when things don't go the way one likes, leading to loss of discrimination/discretion and ruin.

Obviously the whole sequence starts with thinking deeply of sense-objects to the point of craving.

But to think deeply of sense-objects, one ought to be impressed deeply by it.Something which the advertising agencies and employment of celebrities to endorse brands, do a lot. And usually the gullible and fickle fails to distinguish between necessities and needless products , and cave into the charm offensive slavishly without proper judgement or discretion.

Meditation results in thoughtless awareness where one thinks at will when needed, and switches off thought when the task is over, and not be influenced by external stimuli like a leaf in the winds.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  2. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I can be influenced by the wind . It's not so bad . Sometimes the air
    has the odor of Krishna as incense to be remembered for always .
    Sometimes the wind makes a kind invitation to travel .

3. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

krishna was not a real person

4. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

An artist thinks deeply of sense objects , and like Krishna , may be divinely at play .

5. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

The focus is on the mind being centred and calm, as in the calm eye of the cyclone, and not in its chaotic periphery.

Artistic creativity comes up at its peak when the mind is meditative and blissful.

Krishna used to go to the banks of the Yamuna river and play his flute all day long, filling himself with joy and happiness. He was quite fashionable in his attire, preferring the yellow colour and gossiped, sang and danced with the village milkmaids in the forest.

He enjoyed the pleasures of the world and at the same time was non-attached, without any cravings for sense-pleasures, and was equanimous in both pleasant and adverse situations and circumstances.

As per his own teachings, equanimity of mind is yoga and yoga leads to skill in action.

Equanimity of Mind is Yoga . (BG 2:48)

Yoga leads to skill in action. ( BG 2:50)

You can never find him having a nervous breakdown due to perceived fears or losses or exhibiting agitated behavior due to greed or arrogance or lust or other cravings for pleasure.

6. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I find balance in mind a relationship of giving and receiving . And I make flutes . I may trade them or sell them or give them . I receive alms for the playing , sometimes tears .

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    Ajay0 likes this.