korn!

Discussion in 'Heavy Metal' started by mushroomherb, Jun 10, 2006.

1. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

Perhaps, but the bands you mentioned just aren't any/much more metal than Korn.

2. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

dude, were you commenting on the first set of bands or the second set?
    if you were referring to the second set, come off it. how can you compare deicide, necrophagist or obituary to korn, man? the complete other end of the scale.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiQ0kIbLVyo
    - not much heavier than korn? what fucking ever mate.
    (if you were referring to the first set of bands then ignore this - but either way, enjoy the vid).

3. mushroomherb

mushroomherb Member

a couple of you guys said stuff like drawing and shit, i have no skills cept i can hold alot of booze before i pass out(ive had i think about 14 and still didnt pass out, although my mom told me that 10 could be lethal) and who ever said they pump negativity into ppl, thats stupid, they make me soo much happier, idk how but they do. silly little ppl, you cant stop me! muahahaha!

4. PsyGrunge

saying that korn doesn't pump negativity into people is like saying dance/psytrance music isn't suited for raves.

5. mushroomherb

mushroomherb Member

ive listened to korn since i was 6, ive listened to them long enough to know that if any remaining member of the band would say your an idiot.

6. Metallideth

Metallideth Sir

Remaining, meaning don't ask head...

7. PsyGrunge

well of course they would. it's their band, they would defend themselves wouldn't they!
    how can you say that korn pump positivity into people?? haha you make me laugh.

"something takes a part of me something lost and never seen
    everytime i start to believe, something's raped and taken from me" - freak on a leash, not exactly positive!

"I am watching the rise and fall of my salvation.
    There's so much shit around me.
    Such a lack of compassion." - make me bad, so positive!

"All this shit I seem to take
    all alone I seem to break
    I have lived the best I can
    Does this make me not a man?" - alone i break, again is this what you call positive?

mushroomherb if they'd call me stupid then they obviously have no idea of the difference between positive and negative fuelling. god help you if you've been listening to them since you were 6. good music but you don't live by their lyrics!

also, cool, good for you, you've been listening to them since you were 6. that has nothing to with anything they'd say, just because you've listened to them for ages doesn't mean you know how they think. just means you've been taken in by the music and the media's portrayals of them. you know none of them in person, therefore that comment was completely unnecessary!!!

8. Metallideth

Metallideth Sir

However.. Off of that, regardless of what the artists (used loosely) in any band do or say, its how the the listener interprets the songs and what they get out of it that counts.

9. ametisti

ametisti Member

I so hate to do this, but <PsyGrunge> is right. KOЯN’s lyrics are not positive. Come on. You think this is positive?[​IMG]

You've raped!
    I feel dirty
    it hurt!
    As a child
    tied down!
    That's a good boy
    and fucked!
    Your own child
    I scream!
    No one hears me
    it hurt!
    I'm not a liar
    My God!
    Saw you watching
    Mommy why?!
    Your own child”—Daddy

“Your throat, I take grasp
    Can you feel the pain?
    Then your eyes roll back
    Can you feel the pain?
    Love racing through my veins
    can’t you feel the pain?
    Your heart stops beating
    can’t you feel the pain
    Black orgasms
    Can't you feel the pain
    I kiss your lifeless skin
    Can't you feel the pain”
    —My Gift to You

10. Metallideth

Metallideth Sir

KORN LYRICS

"A.D.I.D.A.S"

Honestly, somehow it always seems that I'm dreaming of
    something I can never be
    It dosen't bother me, 'cause I will always be that pimp I see
    in all of my fantasies

I don't know your fucking name.
    So what? Let's. . .

Screwin' may be the only way that I can truly be free
    from my fucked up reality
    so I dream and stroke it harder, 'cause its so fun to see my
    face staring back at me

I don't know your fucking name.
    So what? Let's fuck.

All Day I Dream About Sex
    All Day I Dream About fuckin'

[chorus]

Lets all slit our wrists over this one...

11. PsyGrunge

jesus christ what have i started now? i post some lyrics, and now every other fucker's following line and posting lyrics - point being?>
    point's already been made on the negativity that the lyrics show!!

12. Metallideth

Metallideth Sir

And, point has been made that some are positive/neutral. Would you say that its fair to say that most metal.. .metal'ish bands play songs that are negative?

I don't see the problem in having negative songs... Jon Davis is an interesting character.

13. Ginglymus

Ginglymus Member

When I used to love korn they made me hyperactive happy, the lyrics added to it because they were so stupid they made me laugh.

14. mushroomherb

mushroomherb Member

i never said they were positive! learn to read. i also only said that i listened to them since i was 6 trying to say that i have listened to there songs over and over, and i think that(i may seem stupid for saying this, i prob will be called stupis for it but fuck you) since when i was young i went through alot of the same shit that they went through, like i will admit no matter how wmbarissing this is...when i i was about 4 i got rapped by a family friend, my dad beat the fuck out of me and my mom. all im saying is that people like them, in my opinion because they may have gone through some shit like what they went through and notice that they became rich and have many adoring fans then they might psycologicly start to think that there is hope for them to become great also.

15. PsyGrunge

you got rapped by a family friend? what with? if you went through all that shit then i'm sorry but the last thing you wanna listen to is korn. i'm surprised it didnt push you to the edge. i'm sorry you went through that shit but at the end of the day i'm just surprised that you could listen to korn's nu-metal effort and it helped you.

16. mushroomherb

mushroomherb Member

the little fuck was like, not even 12! fucking god i didnt even get hard till 13 so thats a little odd to me, but i dont mind if you dont want to listen to korn, as long as you dont say they suck major monkey ass (or something related to that)
    its all good.

17. PsyGrunge

yeh i won't put you down for listening to them, but i'm just saying i'm surprised they helped you through depressive times because of the nature of their music.
    peace be with you.

18. Venomous_ Voice

Venomous_ Voice Member

i was raped by a family member and i still listen to korn. does that mean that there's something wrong with me?

19. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

Jeez, seems like everybody gets raped nowadays... :eek:

20. Metallideth

Metallideth Sir

Stop rape!

Just say yes.

...Kidding, but I noticed that too, kingbaby.