Knoxville? what is it like?

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by butterflycrystal, May 25, 2004.

1. butterflycrystal

butterflycrystal Member

Hey everyone! I need some help. Currently I am preparing to move to Knoxville Tennessee where hopefully I will be attending graduate school to continue my career as a fine artist.After reviewing schools and thier printmaking programs I have decided that the University of Tennessee is where I need to be. However, I really don't have any preconcieved notions about Knoxville and I have heard good things but honestly I don't know anything about it. I was wondering if any wonderers or natives who have passed through or live in Knoxville could give me some advice about the general atmosphere. I love being surrounded by good energy and good people and I am excited about moving out of Atlanta (two years is to long) but would really love to have just a little idea about what its like to be there. Any information would be wonderful. THank You! Love And Light Crystal :eek:

2. makno

makno Senior Member

its close to ashville and thats cool !there is a food coop there ...its neer a lot of awesome camping and stuff its got to be better than chatt ,in terms of utc ....theres a river you are close to floyd co va hippy woods ....im sure youll have shitloads of fun there>

3. staples420

staples420 Member

I live about 30 minutes from Knoxville but I haven't actually spent a lot of time there myself. There are a few places around UT's campus that look like they would be cool to check out. But Knoxville is basically just another city, and I don't really know of any cool hippy places around the area... If you happen to find some let me know! Well, hope you enjoy it! :)

4. Nosferatu

Nosferatu Member

Knoxville is an ok place to be. But being a female by yourself I'd avoid places like fountain city or Magnolia Street. That's where all the crackheads and gang bangers waiting to take advantage of you are. I'm not too far from you by the way. Over here in Jefferson County about 40 miles NE of Knoxville.

5. Meeshka Chaukinov

Meeshka Chaukinov Senior Member

I actually live in Knoxville itself. There's also a pretty good music scene with Sundown in the city and stuff like that. The road system is really confusing though. It's sort of a random sprawl with no real orginization, but once you get the idea where the different roads are, you can get around pretty well.

6. LMoffet1

LMoffet1 Member

I live in Knoxville too, and I go to UT. I think I've actually talked to you before, but that's ok! I would definitely say Knoxville has grown on me a lot, Sundown in the City is pretty cool, they've got some really good free concerts going on. It's a great city if you look in the right places. It sounds like you'll be in a good place in the art department, art and architecture is one of the best colleges. I recommend going to Whatever and Flashback on the strip on campus whenever you do move, you'll probably find some good stuff there. Anyway, there's lots of things going on all the time, and the old city is fun. Where are you going to be living, do you know yet? If not, I could tell you of some good places. You can send me a PM if you want to know more, or I'll just check back here. Let me know if you have any more specific questions!