Know what I can't stand?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by DancerAnnie, Jan 12, 2005.

1. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I go to a University where there is separate parking for compact cars and full sized cars...and it absolutely drives me mad when people park Focuses and Neons in the full-sized car section. I drive a truck and it does NOT fit in the compact car parking spots...so what to do when there are no full-sized parking spots left? I have to park in the little man's section, which means I have to squeeeeeeeeeze out of my cracked open door, then go to the other side...squeeeeeeeeze through THAT cracked open door and try to wedge my twenty five pound book-filled backpack out of a crack as big as the crack of my ass (which mind you, is not THAT big). So those of you who drive compact cars...PLEEEEEEEEZE park in your sections, OK?

LOL, I'm off of my soapbox now.

2. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

people suck. it's not gonna change.

3. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I blame the Democrats. [​IMG]

4. mynameiskc

i'm sure the french have something to do with it.

5. DancerAnnie

Hahahahahaha

6. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I blame the big 3.

7. DancerAnnie

I think seamonster is onto something there...LOL

8. Sunnie

Sunnie Jes-Jes

Thats what you get for driving a truck!
    You should just jack it up and put monster truck tires on it, that way it doesn't matter if a small car is parked there...you just park on top of it.

9. velvet

velvet Banned

You people in the US are just so privilegded with the oil prices.. you have no idea what we're paying overhere.. never wondered why we drive these small and energy-friendly cars instead of those big 'what do you need such a car for anyway' car?

My hometown is pretty leftwingish and they were actually talking about banning the big cars (dodge pickup, occasional lunatic with a hummer, big jeeps) out of the city centre because they take up so much parking space and just gubble up gasoline like it's nothing. It's not environmental friendly AT ALL and unless you own 6 huge dogs, 5 kids or are a delivery driver or a rough terrain rider (and a wet highway isn't rough terrain) I think you should stop complaining about your big ass car!

So.. *steps of the soapbox from accros the park*

That's my leftish view on the matter.. plus people here ride bicycles anyway.. they're great when it comes to parking :D That being said.. I love the looks of those big american cars and especially the roar of the engine of a dodge pickup truck.. and as soon as there would be a way to drive them without the need of an oil product I'd be interested in owning one.

10. seamonster66

I would be happy if Hummers were banned, a curse on the drivers of such a moving shopping mall.

I wish I lived somewhere where I didn't need a car, but I don't anymore :(

but I will again......be it Barcelona or NYC

11. velvet

velvet Banned

now get one of these cars (you see them a lot in my country, they are called 'smart'.. for a reason.. ;).. just don't get in an accident with them 'cause you wont stand a chance ;))

[​IMG]

12. seamonster66

the problem is that if one of these big US cars, or giant 18 wheeler trucks hits you in one of those, you are even flatter than a pancake...absolute flat (like absolute zero Kelvin)

*shrugs* I drive japanese cars

13. lynsey

lynsey Banned

heh actually compact spaces are meant for trucks and suvs not to park in, anyone can park in full sized spaces. you're the one with the huge oversized car that's eating all the gas you should be the one to accomadate.

14. velvet

velvet Banned

Hear hear sis :)

And japanese cars are pretty good.. I had a nissan micra (old one).. wrecked it (hood was of and one of the sides) and it still drove like nothing happened.. hehe.. gotta love Japanese (products)!

15. seamonster66

the thing is.....its more dependant on where you live than what you drive as far a gas consumption goes.......

An average person in southern california drives much more than most anyone else.

16. velvet

velvet Banned

You don't need a big ass car (or 'full sized' like americans seem to call it......) to drive far..

17. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

sorry, Ive always driven big ass cars, like the one in your photo, velvet..... the 60s style coupe..

some people cant just fit in economy cars...... myself included.

18. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I have nothing against big cars, mine eats gas like crazy even though it's not big and my next one will def be a suv but I think those with bigger cars should cater to those with smaller cars out of courtesy.

19. mynameiskc

SUV's actually have a purpose where i usually live. that's all i have to say.

20. velvet

velvet Banned

and what might the purpose of SUV be? What is it that you need such a big car for that you wouldn't be able to do in a normal sized (european, japanese, korean) car? Are you only allowed to do your grocery shoppings once a year? You eat so many hamburgers that you don't fit into a smaller one? You need to hit at least four big dogs on your way to work? What.. what is it that a normal car (that easily can fit 4 to 5 people in it and has luggage space) couldn't do?