Knitting

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Atom bomb therapy, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Atom bomb therapy

Atom bomb therapy Member

Hello Beautifuls,
    I want to try knitting, and I went out and bought some needles, yarn and a book and im having trouble with the little pictures that show you what to do. Do you guys know of any sites for beginners that breaks the steps down, and is fairly easy? Thanks for the help
    ALicia

2. purplemoonbeams

purplemoonbeams Member

Usually at craft stores, there will always be someone who can show you whatever you're having trouble with. :)

3. Empress Orchid

Empress Orchid Member

I jsut started, and I LOVE it. I'm here ALOT. I found it to be VERY helpfull. there are alot of cool patterns and great advice.

www.knitty.com

There is also a forum that goes along with the site you can get to it onthat site by clicking on "coffeeshop" or here:
    www.knittyboard.com

I hope that helps! If you have any questions just holler

4. Atom bomb therapy

Atom bomb therapy Member

Thanks so much...:)

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I love knitting... I just learned a few months ago and I just finished making my first blanket! It's so big and warm...

6. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

Search about.com . . . for directions several of the site that will come up are easy to understand... I tried to learn to knit for years.. had 7 diffent books with directions and i just could not get it.... But i got it of of about.com and it was really easy...

7. t-dub

t-dub Pass me the pepper

SO TRUE!!! Im the yarn department manager at a craft store, and i gladly show customers the basics to knit if they dont know how...

the sites the others have posted are all real good about showing how to knit.. you also may want to check out your local library, they may have videos on how to knit...

Welcome to the knitting frenzy!!! You will love it!!! :D

8. Atom bomb therapy

Atom bomb therapy Member

Thanks guys so much for your information! I'm about to start going through and trying out the sites.

9. Empress Orchid

Empress Orchid Member

I am workingon a afghan for my mommy right now for her b-day. I make alot of hats. That's my thing I LOVE bennies! Lol

10. yesplease

yesplease Member

yeah, i'm still trying to figure that whole knitting thing out...i had a friend show me the basics--let's hope that it's somewhat correct!, and i've been rocking the scarves since then cause i can't quite understand the different patterns and stuff in books. but hey, i'll get it eventually... (hopefully!)

11. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

12. Empress Orchid

Empress Orchid Member

it takes a little gettign use to but its very additcing/calming when you get the knack for it.

13. yesplease

yesplease Member

i'm still waiting to make that clickity-clackity noise when i knit! :)

14. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

Me too.... I knit pretty well and i dont make that noise. Some times i make a noise like fingernails on a chalk board... But thats not a fun noise to make

15. Empress Orchid

Empress Orchid Member

ll, I make that sounds. Its funny caus eI get into it and im knitting the shit out of somethign and you hear this little *clik,click,click* LOL