Kksc & Ecsd Sog

Discussion in 'Grow Room Pix and Journals' started by M4N14C42O, Apr 14, 2009.

1. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur

thanks bud!

always love having a reason to look at this.......makes me smile to see that 'lil 'ol 400 watter do that ;)

i've been busy with a little.....BIGGER grow so it's nice to see how simple it can also be. it only becomes complicated when we make it that way haha.

have a good one everybody!

2. evertking

evertking Guest

yes, a 400 will put out some buds.

3. evertking

evertking Guest

Sorry if i missed you say...but... where did you pick up your ecsd seeds at?

4. M4N14C42O

sorry to get back to ya late on that evertking, but the ecsd was from clone from the east coast, sad to say but she is no longer in my garden :nopity:

on a side note, here is what im trying outdoors this year.......this year i've kind of went all out, not in plant numbers but in site preperations.......doing 12 plants on a mostly south facing slope, around 6-7 hrs of direct sunlight each day. The holes i dug for each plant are 2'x2'x2', the native soil was HORRIBLE....mostly clay and TONS of massive rocks. So these holes were then backfilled with soil i premixed at a different location (some organic garden soil, coco, worm castings, and dolomite lime). Each hole was then saturated with straight water and mulched over with straw and then allowed to sit for a week and a half before planting. While waiting to plant i hauled up 2 55gal plastic barrels and rigged up "sloosh" ways to catch rain water in each barrel. After this i ran 1/2" poly tubing for each hole.......this will not be automated (which sucks) but at each hole there is a on/off valve so you just bend down turn the valve on for a bit then turn it back off and on to the next hole.....not a perfect setup but it does work for what ill be needing it for. After the plants were planted (may 20th) i needed to set up some sort of fence as the area my site is in is heavily populated with deer and other small critters that love our favorite plant.....so i pounded metal fence posts and ran 4ft high chicken wire all around the site (roughly 15' long by 10' wide), this should deter most of my animal concerns. We've been getting a lot of rain lately and it is supposed to keep it up for awhile so the barrels are about 2/3rds full each and haven't had to use any of that water as the rain falling has been sufficient for the plants in the ground. that pretty much sums it up i think......it's been a lot of work so far and it is only the beginning.....most of the work tho was hauling in everything by foot and frame pack about 2 miles from the parking spot. Anywho, sorry for the wall of text but if you have any questions feel free to ask......Keep 'em green! :watchplant:

- 42o -

5. makecakelate

makecakelate Member

how big are they now and how often are you having to water? We have ours in 6 gallon smart pots and were having to water sometimes twice a day. The temps been in the 100" thouh

6. M4N14C42O

they between 3-4' tall and 2-3' feet wide now.........still haven't had to water the rain has been sufficient so far.....our temps have been in the 80's and 90's. got to remember though, plants in the ground can go a good bit longer than container plants inbetween waterings

7. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

Agree was a great journal.
    Still keeping busy I see but the yr is marching on and natural bloom time looming. Hope all is well.

8. M4N14C42O

Hey Rock!

yes still keeping busy, mostly with outdoor right now.........just had a crazy hail storm yesterday, some got beat up kind of bad but most only lost a leaf or three.....and yes bloom time is in the air haha, next time im out there im going to give them some dry bloom nutes to spark 'em into flower........tons of pre-flowers popping out everywhere!!

As far as indoor.....i've scaled down big time......just don't have the time right now to do anything bigger indoors......so just running a 2' x 2' x 5' homemade tent in a closet with a 250W HID........doesn't yield much at all but does give me some good smoke for special occasions......also on the indoor side of things i've switched back to good 'ol soil.....always treated me well in the past and is currently doing the same ;)

Take care and keep 'em green!

- 42o -

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

good to see you taking care..
    only thing changed here. I have side by side rooms now, deep enough for large grow, close enough togerther I can interchange lamps with just taking them off the hooks and putting them in the other side.
    cool cause Im running them off hours to eachother and can really blast the flowering with the veg light too. saving me a few nickles in power as well.

10. M4N14C42O

Orison! How's it been buddy?

I always wanted to do a set-up just like you got going it sounds like! Only thing i would do different, have a light in each room and make a switch board ballast....essentially just one ballast running two bulbs, when one bulb turns off the other in the other room kicks on...that way i could save a few nickels on bulbs ;) You know me i have to go and complicate everything haha...but yeah that's awesome you have that setup rocking, i just never had the space....

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

took a minute to work the bugs out.. One I had it to hot with 4k blasting in a 12h room.. Plants said "wait are we flowing or what?" elongated some , but thats ok once I got it cooled down again and lighting figured out, fanning .. looking really good now....

lack of doobage is taking toll on fresh grows .. I hate this fucking state..

12. M4N14C42O

i hear ya brother, my state isn't any better

13. Rocklobster

Yup you can keep your pre mixed posh labeled cannabis compost's or ya hit or miss multi purpose, give me a decent soil based any day get very few problems with it.

I got another one of them freaky house plants that just wants to stays in bloom for most of the year looks and smells stunning just seeing reveg growth now about two weeks after longest day lol.

14. M4N14C42O

haha yeah, well i was running those "hempy" buckets.......basically growing in straight perlite with a drain to waste drip system......all chem ferts.....the growth and yield were awesome but the flavor just didn't justify doing it that way over growing in good soil.

15. Rocklobster

Well that told me lol.
    Least your still in the game thats the main thing.

16. M4N14C42O

good to hear your still growin on too man! And yeah it is nice doing these "beginner" size grows indoors again.......much less to worry about in the back of my mind! Now let's just hope outdoors works out and justifies the downsize ;) :watchplant:

- 42o -

17. BeadyEye

BeadyEye Member

you my man are the bizz!
    i was on here with a diferent acount a few years back and really enjoyed your satori journal.
    glad to see your still at it mate, keep up the good work and enjoy your hard earned goods!

18. M4N14C42O

Hey thanks man! I've been pondering ordering some more satori beans if i can find them.........was pretty decent stuff, especially for the price! :cheers2:

19. trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms Member

that strawberry cough yeilded a whole lot better....they look great man. nice work!

20. jaredh

jaredh Member

OH MY GOD:eek::sifone: