Kiss

Discussion in 'Music' started by TheMadcapSyd, Jan 17, 2005.

1. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

So what do you think of Kiss? Great band? All right? Overrated? If I hear Rock and Roll All Nite 1 more time I'm gonna kill myself?

2. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

overrated. they have a few good songs though........

their early early stuff like Black diamond, hard luck woman, cold gin, etc kicks ass though. and I do like their disco hit "I was made for lovin you"

other than that, I cant stand them, really. I saw one of their shows this past summer, it was more overblown and overrated than I expected. It just wasnt what I expected. I expected to be blown away, and it was just......... bland.

3. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Overrated, some good hits... but... they got more hype for thier image than for thier music.

4. prism

prism :o

Yes. :(

5. thehipsterdufus

thehipsterdufus Member

good performing band, but I think their schtick has done it's time

6. jen910

jen910 Senior Member

I dont like them. They scare me in all that make up and big boots. Although Gene Simons seems like a cool guy outside of the scary make up. I watched an A&E Biography on him and he seems like a cool dude.

7. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

imo, they are one of the two worst bands to ever make music, along with insane clown posse.

8. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

when I was in high school, my mother hated the group KISS. Then I played the song "Beth" and she liked it. After the song was over I told her who was playing and she was surprised!

9. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

They put on a good show, but that's about it. I think they're kind of overrated...just for the simple fact that they use the same guitar riffs and the same basic drum beat in all their songs. Just my opinion, though.

10. AceFrehley666

AceFrehley666 Member

KISS was one of the best bands to ever get on stage. Not all of their songs were good, Gene and Paul - absolutely horrible musicians. They are overrated, but give them credit were its due. But remember, the greatest musicians are never discovered.

"Let's face it, when I left, KISS got a musical vasectomy." - Ace Frehley

11. Elle

Elle Senior Member

There's nothing about them I like

12. umphreysrules

umphreysrules Member

13. buxillafion

buxillafion secretary of pizza

Kiss is overrated. I like them though. Ace Freghly(sp) is a great guitarist. I like the solos.

14. _see_

_see_ Member

i think kiss are yayish...they got a few good tunes...i really loved that film detroit rock city.....

15. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I think the first 8 records I bought were all KISS, all during second grade.

I wouldn't say they are overrated because most people think they suck...I will say that I don't really like their music though.