Kim Davis - Unethical

Discussion in 'Ethics' started by Shale, Sep 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Yes , that sounds all so very civil . I rest my case . I hear the weeping of anguish erupting in the courtroom .
    Shall the Judgement make a man out of her ? The last time I heard weeping in the court room , that was from
    the Court Reporter as she wrote what I spoke . Charge dismissed . Unbanned from Missoula . Be good . Poop
    like a pope .

2. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I don't consider him anybody special and I don't value his opinion, but he should have stayed out of it. It's just gasoline on a fire.

3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

So, obviously he has no idea how the U.S, government operates.

4. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

Did he tell her that she is an adulterous hag - according to his rules?

I don't really know if the catholic church has a doctrine about what is a hag, and what is not.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

hey POOP FRANCIS, Dont you know your own fucking book??

Romans 13Contemporary English Version (CEV)
    Obey Rulers
    13 Obey the rulers who have authority over you. Only God can give authority to anyone, and he puts these rulers in their places of power. 2 People who oppose the authorities are opposing what God has done, and they will be punished.

6. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

Sounds like the Pope story might not be true.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

poop visit with that dumb bitch was on the news.
    I can think of other places that deserved the poops visit,, like ALCOSAN..
    fuck that turd.. something about this dude really turns my stomach, after I seen the david bullshit, i knew exactly why..
    hes never going to be a pope john paul. take that shit back to italy where it belongs..

8. meridianwest

meridianwest Senior Member

hey now....no need to bring Italy into this, pope lives in the Vatican. and some of us, in Italy, find the pope utterly ridiculous. Napoleon should have abolished the office when he had the chance.

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

sadly gasoline wasnt invented yet. Napoleon would of burned it to the ground.

10. meridianwest

he had his chance when he became the Emperor of the French. he briefly considered actually abolishing the Holy See and pope's office, but decided against it. one thing he should have done differently.

1 person likes this.
  11. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The White House had something to say after this meeting between Davis and the Pope of the Catholic church.

"In response to a report that Pope Francis met with Kim Davis, the Kentucky county clerk who refuses to grant marriage licenses to same-sex couples, White House press secretary Josh Earnest reiterated that Davis is not above the rule of law.
    “Our position about Miss Davis is quite clear: that the president believes strongly in the rule of law and that’s a principle that applies to those who are engaged in public service, starting at the level of the President of the United States but even going down all the way to the level of the Rowan County clerk in Kentucky," Earnest told reporters during today’s White House press briefing." http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/popes-meeting-kim-davis-white-house-reiterates-religious/story?id=34154165
    Earnest stressed that President Obama believes "religious freedom doesn’t grant us the freedom to deny our fellow Americans their basic constitutional rights."

4 people like this.
  12. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Orison puuh-leeze. Don't go quoting a book that contradicts itself every five pages.

13. Shale

Shale ~

Now the Church is trying to crawfish outta this mess.

[SIZE=16pt]Vatican: Pope's visit with Davis not a form of support[/SIZE]

By NICOLE WINFIELD
    From Associated Press
    October 02, 2015

VATICAN CITY (AP) — The Vatican said Friday that Pope Francis' meeting with Kim Davis, the Kentucky clerk who went to jail for refusing to issue same-sex marriage licenses, "should not be considered a form of support of her position."

After days of confusion, the Vatican issued a statement Friday clarifying Francis' Sept. 24 meeting with Davis, an Apostolic Christian ...

In a statement, the Vatican spokesman the Rev. Federico Lombardi said Francis met with "several dozen" people at the Vatican's embassy just before leaving Washington for New York.

Lombardi said such meetings are due to the pope's "kindness and availability" and that the pope only really had one "audience" with former students and his family members.

"The pope did not enter into the details of the situation of Mrs. Davis and his meeting with her should not be considered a form of support of her position in all of its particular and complex aspects," Lombardi said.

Davis, a Rowan County, Kentucky clerk, spent five days in jail for defying a series of federal court orders to issue same-sex marriage licenses. She said earlier this week that she and her husband met briefly with the pope at the Vatican's nunciature in Washington and that he encouraged her to "stay strong."

The audience sent shockwaves through the U.S. church, prompting questions about whether the pope had been duped into meeting with her and whether he truly knew the details of her case, which has polarized the country.

Initially the Vatican only reluctantly confirmed the meeting but offered no comment.

On Friday, Lombardi issued a fuller statement to "contribute to an objective understanding of what transpired."

Francis did not focus on the debate over same-sex marriage during his visit last week. As he left the country, he told reporters who inquired that he did not know Davis' case in detail, but he defended conscientious objection as a human right.

"It is a right. And if a person does not allow others to be a conscientious objector, he denies a right," Francis said

14. Eerily

Eerily Members

Maybe they should have spent less time on what they consider to be wretched in spirit and more on what it means to be physically wretched. Anyway, concerning spirit, being judgmental seems to be a large part of it. I never understood how one can avoid judgment in anything, let alone everything. But, the principal of non-judgment has surpassed it's Christian roots and become secularized; specifically concerning the civil rights movement.

What I notices is that people involved pick issues for which they only claim to avoid judgment, and then pretend that they've covered all the issues for which one can judge. Some of the issues that have been chosen and given much emphasis are on race, income, religion, gender and sexual orientation. Some of the issues that have been recognized as applicable to the civil rights movement, but are kind of lagging, are that of age, health and miscellaneous issues of appearance not covered by health, race or gender. Supposedly, being fat is an issue of health, perhaps even legally covered to an extent under the Americans with Disabilities Act, but is greatly lagging concerning reaching the status as an issue for which judgment must (somehow) be avoided at all costs.

15. Aerianne

1 person likes this.
  16. meridianwest

okay i see. i read it on the cbs website, and i didn't notice the gamut of ''he said she said''-s in there when i glanced over it.

since i am not inclined to believe either Davis's lawyer (Staver) or the Liberty Council (whatever fuck that is, but i know they oppose gay rights) i'm not gonna take their word for it. i apologize for spreading misinformation (i will go and scratch the word 'audience' from my previous post).

17. Aerianne

This is going to get interesting because Davis and her lying attorneys have called the Vatican, and the Pope, liars.

1 person likes this.
  18. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

So there's a good chance that when she shook the pope's hand she got herself some gay sweat transferred onto her christian fingers?

Can you say hallelujah folks?

1 person likes this.
  19. Aerianne

The Pope, if he kissed Kim Davis, kissed her with the same lips that he kissed the gay men with.

4 people like this.
  20. Shale

Shale ~

Isn't there something in her Christian book she claims to follow, something about
    THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS?

BTW, Opus Dei might just end this mess for us.
    (Heads Up Kim - Look out for a bunch of guys in black robes with hoods lurking about.) :unsure:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.