Kids in the Hall?

Discussion in 'TV Comedies and Sitcoms' started by MoonjavaSeed, Dec 8, 2005.

1. ThePasserby

ThePasserby Member

Inept Hitman is definitely my favorite. Right up there with:
    Business Suit Trappers
    I Don't Know How to Play the Piano
    Girl Drink Drunk
    Office Submarine
    Marching Band Killer
    Inexperienced Cannibal
    I Speak No English
    Daddy Drank
    Killer Monkeys
    Brown Stuff Coming Out of my Mouth
    The Bleeding Ear
    Citizen Kane
    then, of course, the Facts girl, the 30 Helens Agree, and the Head Crusher

*lifts thumb to abstruct view* There's nobody home!
    Nobody home!!!
    If we keep this up for a month, we can live rent-free!

2. Erasmus70

Erasmus70 Banned

All Classics... I still laugh everytime I think of
    "Did it have a Sleigh named Rosebud?"
    "Yes.. it did"
    "THen its CitiZen KAne, its CitiZen KANe.."
    "... nope.. thats not it.."

I guess text does nothing when trying to describe Canadian inflection comedy but if you remember it, you do.

Now, does anyone else thing 'Brain Candy' went under-rated?
    I absolutely loved the movie but I seem to recall it went nowhere fast at the box-office.
    Its a shame because its still a signifigant social commentary on the Paxil Generation and Classic KitH all the way.

3. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

AHAHHA :D

4. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

shit! i just remembered...i didnt get a kids in the hall dvd for christmas...now im depressed :(

5. ThePasserby

ThePasserby Member

I have Brain Candy, Tour of Duty, and Same Guys, New Dresses all on DVD. Got them last year.

I don't think Brain Candy was great, but definitely underrated and underappreciated.

6. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

I loved kids in the hall... I loved Steps... and when Kevin Mcdonald goes fishing and catches the fish and then decides to grow the beard..and it like drives him mad :D loved that one..Or...He's Hip, He's Cool, He's 45...
    Call Girls, The Daves I know, Bobby and the Devil, Hi-tech car alarm, 555-jerk(one of my favs) or the one when they were in a rock band that was horrible, but took it seriously...i think it was called Rod (forget what the rest was) Herman (something..)

7. Erasmus70

Erasmus70 Banned

Oh man.. flashbacks to all of those right now and laughing out loud.. I dont know if you need to be a Canadian to 'get' what the 'characters' mean or would be but it seems like many of you do?
    Bobby is exactly..lol.. I think everyone between a certain age just 'knew' exactly who that kid was in their own school.
    In Bobby and the Devil - Scott Thompson has a character (recurs in KitH) called 'Bauer' and I swear to you.. everyone I know 'swears' they know exactly who that kid is based on... right to the name and bike and jacket lol!
    It incredible how they could grab that sort of thing with characters.
    (other examples.. Kathy with a K and Cathy - people swear they know the exact ladies they are based on)

Anyways.. It was Ron Torkelson's Armada lol! After some legal wrangling and the band was jeopardised with a breakup it became:
    Ron Torkelsons 'Armada' featuring Herman Mendelchuk (I googled it to be sure) and I still cant remember the name of the poor third member heh.

Also. I have to mention 'Touch Paul Bellini' since we are at it.

I still insist that 'Chalet 2000' was the moment they 'jumped the shark' .. although with Kids in the Hall it was really something else entirely.
    Well I suppose thats the beauty of DVD collections - I can just stop at Season Four.

Edit: Was it 'Touch Paul Bellini or 'Poke' him.. cant remember now?'
    You got to poke him with a stick I know but the contest name?