"KIDS", anyone seen it?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by magnificentnuggets, Jan 19, 2005.

1. magnificentnuggets

magnificentnuggets Member

I saw this movie I found it alot more sad and depressing then "thirteen". I thought it was a great movie considering putting out the awareness for aids/hiv virus. Although I can't say I've witnessed or experienced anything as drastic at such a young age as in the movie, but I do beleive alot of that goes on and will forever continue to go on. Just wondering if anyone else has seen or heard about this movie and your opions on it

2. juggla

juggla Member

great movie, teens fucking each other and getting aids, 12 yr. olds smoking pot, girl getting raped(shhh its only me, casper), getting killed for bumping into someone when skateboarding, what more can you ask for. awesome movie.

3. magnificentnuggets

magnificentnuggets Member

lol, i dont think the movie was so great its self, but it makes an outstanding appearance for aids awareness.

4. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl Banned

Amazing Film.
    To me, it had nothing to do with AIDS (and i could have done without that ending)

It had everything to do with the utter desensitisation, apathy and nothingness of 'Kids' today.
    Ya.. I never even thought about it but it had a attempted murder (if not murder), sexual degradation of teenagers, drug abuse, AIDS... all in the modern youthful context of:
    MEH

So realistic.. I wondered if this was actually documentary footage at times.

If you liked KIDS - Check out 'Gummo'

5. gelflingwings

gelflingwings Member

I've seen it
    it's been while

6. Love In A Dumpster

Love In A Dumpster Member

I seen it when I was 12, didn't get it. Just recently watched it again about a month ago. My friend told me that that guy who was having sex with all of them girls, Benny or whomever, didn't actually have AIDS. And that girl got it another way. I forgot, but yea...a good movie.

7. ThrftShopSweater

ThrftShopSweater Member

yeah that movie blew

8. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

Yeah, I thought the movie was unbelievably lame and boring. The dialogue sounded exactly like my friends and I in early high school... there was just really no originality or content to the film.

I would not recommend this movie.

9. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl Banned

Very interesting because I suppose you (at your age) would not have seen anything but 'usual stuff'.

Do you see how that says a lot about this movie and how accurately it characterised your age group.

To those of us who were older - it was disturbing and almost 'voyeuristic' in that it showed 'real' troubled youth.
    [not some baby-boomer bullshit characterisation]

But ya.. I guess to you - it was just a camera following around normal life.

Interesting!

10. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

The dude that directed Kids is from Nashville.... some of my friends are in it.... I've never seen it, but my ex boyfriend said that our friend and his brother got in a fight in the kitchen or something and they just put it in the movie.... I need to rent it, so I know what I'm talking about. But there's a homeless midget who walks around downtown... I guess he was in Gummo, because that's what his sign says sometimes.

11. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

There is a huge difference between the way I was when I was 15, and how I am now. ...and trust me, my life at that age was not normal. I'm not saying that the people in this film are usual by any means, my point was, I suppose, that it shouldn't be that shocking. I actually didn't really see a point of the movie... I don't know. There are just so many more movies that better depict the "horrors" of a certain sub-group of life.

12. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl Banned

You must be refering to the 'Kitchen Fight' scene in 'Gummo' in which two brothers start what is a 'play-fight' among sparring partners.. and turns into a violent 'punch for punch' slugfest.

Very memorable scene because it was real.

Heya.. what ever happened to those Brothers?
    Did either of them go into Boxing professionally?

13. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

back in my day 12 year olds didn't have boobs.

Anyways... The movie was very shocking to me and people around my age, because people were less "tainted" when we were growing up. Seems like everyone now has to fuck atleast 5 people before getting out of middle school.

14. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

I actually just tried to do a search on it but nothing came up for "Kids" I guess it's too generic. Anyone have the name of one of the actors in it?

15. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

I hated that movie, It left me soo sad and feeling all empty after. I would never watch it again. Its like all the kids are completely mideless (not that kids arn't mindless) but just to damn depressing and gutwrenching.

16. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Casey's in prison and Jason just got married.... but he still gets in fights all the damn time, because he's insane. And he's some kind of accountant. :)

17. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Sucked ass, Bully (by the same dude) was way better.

18. CubanB

CubanB Member

I thought Kids was pretty good. I like how it portrayed the ideas kids get that nothing can stop them and they are invincible. I also enjoyed the ending becuz Casper got what he deserved after raping the girl with Aids. The first time I saw Bully I was like wtf.....if you want to see a movie based on a true story which relates to the story in Bully then I would reccomend River's Edge....much better.

19. Lotus Butterfly

Lotus Butterfly Member

Actually, I had boobs at 12. Some people develop early.

Your age says 22. The movie Kids came out in 1995 which was 10 years ago which would have put you at 12 at that time. Nowadays? If kids weren't really doing that in your day then I'd have to say the movie was pretty creative.

I did see it when it first came out and even though it's been awhile, I remember liking it even though I found it quite diisturbing.

20. lildeadheadash

lildeadheadash Member

Hmmm Kids I thought was good and it's a pretty damn accurate view of what's happening in today's society. I have Larry Clark's other movie "Bully." I reccomend that one, because it's dealing with kids who get this idea, and don't realize the consequences and do it. It's based on a true story too =)