Kids and clothing optional festivals...

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by Patchouli, May 11, 2004.

1. Patchouli

Patchouli Member

Does anyone have any ideas on kids and clothing optional festivals? We might be going to one in CA, but the girls have never been to one. The girls are 7 and 6, but they have been raised around nudity, and don't see anything wrong with it. But I don't know how they'd react to strangers. Or the fact they they might want to be partially or all unclothed. What do you guys think?

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

It seems like maybe they're a little old. Noah is 15 months, and I might let him run around free, but I would hate to make anyone uncomfortable. I don't know, though. I know if I let him do it now, he won't remember it when he's older, but your girls probably will..... :) Maybe it's something they could brag about.

Don't listen to me. I'm an idiot.

3. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

did you ask your kids how they'd feel about it?

i'd say go for it if the kids want to go. if they feel uncomfortable while you're there, you can always leave.

4. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I remember being at the sound once in Washington and these people had a little boy they were letting run around naked, but he was like 5 or 6 and it was really uncomfortable for everyone because he was older than most of the other kids there....

5. owl

owl Member

well, since it is specifically a clothes optional festival, hopefully most of the people there won't have the usual hang ups as far as if your girls decided to run free.

i agree with asking your girls how they feel. seems to me they are old enough to know whether they'd be comfortable around a bunch of naked people. best wishes....let us know how it goes.

6. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i know my little girl wold giggle the whole time she wold be like "mommy look! i see a butt" :D

7. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

That's cute.

8. Patchouli

Patchouli Member

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! I talked it over with them, and they decided that since this is their first time, they'll wear bathing suits, and see how it goes. There will probably be a few "Mommy, I see butts" comments, but hopefully not many!

9. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

Just make sure and keep a good eye on them. Its sad when people just let their kids do whatever at festivals because predators sometimes frequent festivals looking for vulnerable people. Fear is not good but awareness is so um yeah

10. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

yeah, i was gonna say the same thing; i'd be far too worried in your possition. You might wanna bring a few other mothers or friends with you, to keep an eye on things, all the mothers watching the kids kinda thing.i wish the three of you luck