Kevin Smith?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by syd, Jan 3, 2005.

1. smilez

smilez Member

In my eyes Kevin Smith is a genious. I admire his creativity and determination. I met him a few years ago at his comic book store in Redbank, NJ. He is so down to earth and friendly.

2. syd

syd Banned

Wow, you met Kevin Smith. I envy you.

3. Crayola

Crayola =)

i saw Clerks, Mallrats and Dogma.. i think thats about it.. i liked them =)

i sense that the Jay and Silent Bob movie wouldnt make me roflmfao, but i guess humor is really subjective, so u cant really tell someone "ITS HILARIOUS" and expect them to laugh as much as u did. this works for all comedies too.

i do believe that kevin smith makes buddy movies, that is, he takes his own private jokes, his buddies, his universe really and put them all in movies. so yea, that makes very personal movies, u either hate them or love them

4. boog

boog A square peg

ha i was watching pink flamingo's the other day and the expression stuck in my head :)

5. CUtheRE

CUtheRE Member

i don't know... if you ask me the "smart, witty" dialogue to me is just too in your face. i personally don't like points just fed to me, i like to think. and from what i see, his audience are just a bunch of psuedo intellects who think cussing is funny. just not my thang.

6. smilez

smilez Member

I did get my picture taken with him as well. I wish I had a scanner so I could share.

7. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

only seen clerks, dogma, and jay and silent bob strike back. I liked the first two i saw, but jay and silent bob wasnt to funny of a movie.

8. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

i think kevin smith is great! he's made awesome movies. he seems really laid back, too. he has pretty good humor, and it's not all fart jokes.

9. assfucksohard

assfucksohard Member

i love the cartoon version of clerks. thats awesome shit. i think dogma was really creative, and i cant stop laughing whenever i see jay and silent bob standing outside of the quickstop, its just too perfect. but yeah, thats just my opinion.

10. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

clerks is the best kevin smith film, hands down.

11. DetroitBill

DetroitBill Member

I've seen only Dogma but I loved it. Thinking George Carlin play the cardinal always makes me smile. I like Alan Rickman (truly, madly, deeply). I also like the modern take on the male buddy picture (Jay and Silent Bob, Loki and Bartleby).

12. WonTon

WonTon Member

i heart silent bob

13. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

I love Kevin Smith, he's a great comedy director. I didn't like Chasing Amy as much as the rest, but it's still good. I've not seen his latest, I doubt I will either.

14. Reverend Jim K

Reverend Jim K Member

I like CHASING AMY, CLERKS, DOGMA, and JAY & SILENT BOB STRIKE BACK !

15. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I like his films , because they are about as inteligent as i am... he should just write and not direct, he has no real flair for that.. he went to the George lucas film school i think.

Dogma is my favourite.

16. gottssunfire

gottssunfire Member

I do not worship him, but i really like mallrats and dogma. Everyone likes clerks, but I can't really see why, the waxing intellectual tone of the whole thing annoys me, and the complete lack of action bores me.

17. Lindiglo

Lindiglo Member

I loved Clerks through JSBSB, JSBSB especially as it seemed to do the least waxing poetic, which is good in small doses but can get old fast.
    Jersey Girl was the worst fill-in-the-blanks cliched piece of crap I've ever laid eyes on.
    Lind

18. CUtheRE

CUtheRE Member

thank you for proving my point.

*inteligent = intelligent (two "Ls" nigga)

19. AannaSolo

AannaSolo Member

Kevin hit the right formula. He struck a nerve with "Jay and Silent Bob" who remind me of the filthy version of R2D2 and C3PO - following the sagas of two beings from the lower echilons of society, surrounded by more powerful characters. Isn't he a great Star Wars fan? Chasing Amy is pretty good for it's honesty. In fact that's why i like all his films. All his characters are somewhat archtypal and honest to the bone.