Kerry's choice for V.P.??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sweatininthesouth, May 13, 2004.

1. sweatininthesouth

sweatininthesouth Member

Just wondering who you all think Kerry should choose for a running mate, and why?? (Has there been a thread on this?)

Wesley Clark? John Edwards? Dick Gebhardt? Richardson? Kucinich maybe??? even Sharpton?!

2. Incubus

Incubus Banned

Hilary Clinton was a suggestion on CNN and I agree, she is a very strong puller for the women votes, she might even tip the scale past the 50/50 stalemate our country is facing ATM.. But it might also hurt Kerry for with Hilary comes Willy and nobody wants Willy onboard.

3. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

Kucinich would be awesome, all we need to do then is get Kerry to eat some pretzels and cross our fingers!

4. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

if we are talking about the names of people who were lightly proposed, john mccain was mentioned i think

5. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

He would be stupid to choose Hillary Clinton as his running mate unless he has a death wish. I'm sure he realizes that he has a good chance of ending up like Vince Foster if he chooses her.

6. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I'm not a John Kerry fan (Actually, if the election were held today, I'd vote for Nader). But I do have a lot of interest in who he'll choose as his running mate (I love Kucinich, but he and Kerry seem too different to be an effective ticket).

Recently, I read a column on the 'net suggesting Kerry choose John Edwards as his running mate mainly because he could help Kerry get female votes. I don't how true that would be, but I think the fact Edwards is from the South could help Kerry. And Edwards does have name recognition.

Here's the article: http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=18666

7. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Im rather more concerned with the recent announcement that Kerry will choose Richard Holbrooke (The man who colluded with Suharto to provide US backing for the brutal Indonesian invasion and massacres in East Timor) as our Secretary of Defence.

So all we can expect from this supposed "opposition" party is more of the same corporate led foreign policy duplicities as we have now.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!

8. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

John Edwards, I hope. He can get the Southern vote, and then run himself in 2012.

Kucinich and Hillary Clinton are unelectable. I have ever heard Bill Clinton thrown in as a possible. Constitutionally, you can only be elected two times. You can, actually, run as vice president AFTER your second term. It has never happened, and I don't think it will, but it is an interesting idea. Problem is, too many middle of the roaders hate Clinton. They believe all the Right Wing FOX news bull shit that everything is his fault.

McCain would have to change parties, and I don't think that is going to happen.

9. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Actually no, its been seen before.

http://www.heptune.com/preslist.html

[/size]

10. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

I wasn't saying changing parties has never been seen before (I said a VP who was FIRST president has never been seen) but I don't think McCain would do it. I don't think Kerry would either.

I appreciate the history, but those were a LONG time ago, maybe I am wrong, but does the Committe or the Convention have to OK the VP? I don't think any GOP is going to get on the Dem ticket, but I could be wrong. McCain is one of the few GOP Congressmen I respect.

11. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

McCain would be a badass veep, one of the few cool Republicans. Won't happen though.

12. renee

renee Member

Heck no, he should be kicked out of everything. :eek:

13. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Since both parties serve the same corporate elite interests, its far more a case of shades of a color than any real opposition.

14. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

I think McCain should be the Dem. Nomination for Pres. I like him better than Kerry.

15. Dolphin~Rider

Dolphin~Rider Member

I think John Edwards will end up on the ticket. He makes sense. It certainly won't be Hilary. I love her, but unfortunately many people don't share my feelings. Sharpton? Ha! What a joke! Political suicide!