Kentucky

Discussion in 'U.S.A.' started by Bicaptain My Captain, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

Am I the only hipster from Kentucky? Surly there are others. Early 70s bisexual male in Frankfort.

djomalley and I love it like this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Read about Mitch McConnell and the push to legalize hemp as a possible cash crop to replace tobacco for Kentucky. Also, one of my favorite indie bands, Elliott, are from Kentucky. I however am from California. Nice to meet you! :)

3. Bicaptain My Captain

Thanks for the reply. Hemp was a big cash crop for Kentucky before nylon was invented. It still grows wild someplace in the state. The Kentucky hemp farms were also known as some of the most brutal places for slave labor.

Kentucky may grow it for money but will never legalize it for medical or recreational use because most of the residents are Trumpites. Just look at McConnell. Blocked everything President Obama put forward and the house and senate followed through.

4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Hey, I'm from Kentucky also; from the far, far western end of the state in a town called Mayfield. If you've ever heard of the Fancy Farm picnic, well I live about 10 miles from there.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Bok Bok bogargh

:p

AnAussieChef likes this.
  6. Photowiz

Photowiz Members

Nope- you’ll not the only one. There’s me down in Louisville. Love your name bi the way! I guess us Bluegrass State people don’t have time to check in here- too many fun things around our towns. It would be nice if there were more of us here.
    (and stop calling me ‘Surly’!)

7. Bicaptain My Captain

Glad to know there are at least two of us.

Photowiz likes this.
  8. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Former resident, Bowling Green and Lewisburg... during the mid 1970's when Cayce convinced everyone that area was safe from future degradation of the planet and the coming cataclysms. He was wild... fun reading. About that time we did visit THE Farm in Tennessee where Ina Mae and Steven Gaskin had their commune, still going I hear. Although they have passed by now... I used to see them annually in Amsterdam for the Cup, and in SF on occasions... he always had a kind word for me. Nice man.

Kentucky, we grew 80 acres of pot in Lewisburg in '75. Almost killed me, but I survived to tell a tale.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nelson County woop woop

10. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The temptation to move to Colorado, Washington, and Oregon is becoming overwhelming. If anybody asks you where all the hippies have gone, tell them Kentucky. They love the bluegrass and whiskey.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

There's a really good bluegrass Cafe in Denver though. One of the funniest nights I had there, and I wasn't even stoned. :p

12. wooleeheron

Arkansas has the best blue grass music circuit and festivals, and plenty of places in the hills to hide from the other insane residents. It was the birthplace of Bill Clinton after all.

13. Bicaptain My Captain

Went to college in Bowling Green 1064-1969. I can't find my way around there now. Same with Lexington. Lived there from 1972 until 1980. Bluegrass Music hurts my ears.

14. wooleeheron

My grandmother baby sat for Loretta Lynn in the Black Foot hills, but I've seen the place and understand why she left as soon as she was old enough.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  15. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Grew up in Lexington, KY. I absolutely miss it... Heard someone from North Carolina’s accent the other day and it made my heart melt.

16. Bicaptain My Captain

I lived in Lexington during the 1970s. I get lost when I go there now.