kentucky fried cruelty

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by NewAgeHippie2200, Aug 24, 2005.

1. alice_d_millionaire

alice_d_millionaire Just Do It©

maybe so, but if KFC tastes so horrible, why are they still in business?

2. alice_d_millionaire

so youre preaching that: its okay for other animals to eat their 'animal brethren', but humans... who are atop the food chain mind you... do not have the right to consume meat at all? doesn't make a whole lot of sense. like i said before, dont focus on the 'mistreatment of animal', who are bred solely for their value as a delicious food... but on the growing aids epidemic or the unjust war in iraq or the fact that many of the world's people dont get enough to eat at all.

3. Tessa

Tessa Member

thanks for postin that! I haven't eating KFC at all since I first heard about it months ago..

4. Green

Green Iconoclastic

I ate KFC for lunch yesterday.

5. John221

John221 Senior Member

6. Ellied

Ellied Senior Member

at leastthey use real chickens unlike macdonalds lol

7. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Apart from this being rather a old accusation .. it is not entirely fair on KFC as it is the farmers not KFC who treat the chikens cruely.. yeah KFC are more than likely there biggest buyer.. and they do have the coporate responsibility to look into the practices of there suppliers.. Read into this a fraction more and you will see they have done quite some work on this particular subject.

http://www.kfc.com/responsibility/animalwelfare_progress.htm

http://www.kfc.com/responsibility/animalwelfare_guidelines.htm

KFC targeted by animal welfare campaign

KFC, the US fast food company, has rejected allegations made by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), which has launched a 'KFCcruelty' campaign.

PETA argues that KFC "continues to support the worst abuse of chickens", adding that "the corporate has shown no willingness even to consider eliminating the most egregious abuses". The organisation has launched a campaign website urging its supporters to leaflet and demonstrate at KFC stores.

The company said that it engaged outside experts to conduct regular unannounced audits at its poultry suppliers to ensure full compliance with the company's Animal Welfare Policy.

"KFC is committed to the well-being and humane treatment of broiler chickens," said Dr. Joanne Plichta, Vice President, Research and Development, KFC Corporation. "Our Animal Welfare Council has established a set of quantifiable guidelines that have been implemented in our supplier processing facilities. The experts on our council have also reviewed several PETA proposals and determined that the majority of them are impractical and not based on sound science."

http://www.mallenbaker.net/csr/nl/47.html#anchor762

You have too remember PETA want no animal deaths so target a big multinational for as much of a publicity campaign as anything else.

8. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Erm where did you here that nonsense :eek:

9. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

So why do people eat margarine?

10. db3695

db3695 Member

"Other then hearing affluent white bourgeois compare chicken to slavery.."...

to Lodui
    your a study in contradictions..."Affluent white bourgeois".... so I guess your saying I'm rich middle class????? And you expect me to be white. Isn't that a little bias too??
    I laught at you...hahahahahahahah

11. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

How is affluent middle class a contradiction? The middle class in the US is very afffluent, well nurished, and well treated.

They don't understand slavery, and they throw around the term making it meaningless, even though there are millions of people still in slavery.

Semantics aside, you seem to be avoiding the point to try and insult me, which shows the frailty of your position.

You're not worth debating with, so I'll see you around.

12. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Try eating a teaspoonful of margarine neat. Yuk!

13. alice_d_millionaire

food is food... regardless if you prey opn animals or plants

14. Aura

Aura Member

i watched that thing a couple months ago and boycotted the place. the only reason people do that to is because they feel a sense of power over the creature. there are more humane ways of killing a chicken

15. Aura

Aura Member

so you expect people to eat nothing?

16. spooner

spooner is done.

no, he expects them to eat anything.

I don't eat KFC tho. I can't stand the way anything deep-fried tastes.

17. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

'plant are alive like we are' Can't fault plants being 'alive' 'like we are' noooooo

I think you need more fibre in your diet.. possibly a bit more zink also.

18. I think it may be an attack on the holier than thou approach that many vegetarians take towards meat eaters, they're killing something too, so what right do they have to criticise people who eat a full panel

at least that is what I pulled from that....

19. alice_d_millionaire

as did I... as well as the fact that there are PEOPLE to help, and as long as there are PEOPLE to help, to hell withe the CHICKENS... they will be just fine by themselves. and besides, have you ever know anybody to have a pet chicken? i do believe they are in existance solely to be eaten.

20. Trickster

Trickster Misfit

Butter has the taste. Margarine is so fatty and greasy. People don't know that margarine is actually white, then they add colouring. They should show folks how it's made and after that i bet they wouldn't touch it.