kent state shooting

Discussion in 'Protest' started by passapatanzy, Mar 8, 2005.

1. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

You still haven't studied the link you supplied (or any other related links/accounts).

You're also ignoring the real probability of the Feds 'fixing' the investigation/legal proceedings.
    Don't even start w/the denials - ever study the Warren Report or other similar coverups mentioned in this Thread?
    They might but it's not a given.
    There wouldn't be the murders as there were in 1970.

I am curious about something - according to your Crystal Ball,
    who was Deep Throat?
    Silly? No sillier than your Posts...

2. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

You have a point about that, but it's not something to brag about. There was an outdoor gathering in Kent in May 2003. The group didn't have a permit from the city of Kent and a number of people were arrested. I was at the Kent commemoration last May and listened to one of the people arrested give his account. There wasn't anything violent going on, but people were arrested anyway.

http://www.bigeye.com/kent2003.htm

3. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

I watched an interview in May 2000 (CNN, I believe) about the 30th anniversary. They interviewed Alan Canfora and a former guard member that was at Kent during the protests. The guard member said that he aimed at someone and shot him. He said he did it in self-defense and didn't have any regrets about it.

There is no question that some of the guard members aimed at people and shot them. The question has always been whether or not they did it in self-defense and if any of it was pre-meditated.

To say no one aimed and fired and it was all an accident would be like saying that federal agents meant to fire warning shots into the air and accidentally killed Randy Weaver's wife, son, and dog. Any group, baby-boomer or otherwise, that squashes one group's rights is likely to squash yours as well.

4. SpliffVortex

SpliffVortex Senior Member

i dont think they were shooting either skys or ground .

5. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Some of the guard did fire into the air, but that doesn't negate the fact that some aimed at the people and fired. The swath defined by all of the people who were shot is very narrow, as seen on the map.

For anyone that believes the far-fetched idea that the guard accidentally hit the people while trying to fire into the ground or air, you'd have to then admit that the guard was incredibly incompetent with the use of their weapons and had no business being there in the first place.

6. SpliffVortex

they used too beat,shoot,kill and get police dogs to shew flesh of black people and here we are making a big issue if why they shot the student cant you just see the red blooded anti comunist sentiment from the late 50s in the trigger of the rifleman holding this weapons. once 1 guy fires the other in panic might fire a volley fearing some might had fire at them but we can guess all we want becouse we well never find the true.............unless some in that unit talks........i doubt.

7. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Regarding Blacks, check out the thread about the Jackson State College shooting I posted. There were something like 460 bullet holes in the walls. That was also supposedly a mistake of the police trying to fire into the air and missing the air. :)

8. SpliffVortex

NAH those were confuse wood peckers just kidding i going to read it now.

9. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

It's a fairly tall building. It's easy to see how the police missed the air and 'accidentally' hit the building 460 times. :)

10. SpliffVortex

well kent state was sad news but in waco and ruby ridge this was a deeper comiment by the goverment this was no longer a bad judgement on a part of a few national guard on the last minute regardless if it was intentional by sole or a few individual . waco and ruby ridge was well plan ahead by many big shots.

11. SpliffVortex

as far the blacks they were target just by being black so 460 rounds is a conservative number.. if they were out in the woods or out of the way like waco compound "church" maybe they would had use B-52 . or 105mm artillery .

12. passapatanzy

passapatanzy Member

when did i insult you? or contradict your analysis?im not denying anything i said. and of course ill be offended when you say very rude and insulting things. i dont think you 'called' me on anything.um and yes i am saying the guardsmen did aim and fire at people which they obviously did becuase thats how people were shot...and yes there were snipers pointed at heads, thats how someone got shot in the mouth. gasp. and i have no idea where your getting your information from, especially that the guards suddenly shot at the protestors...which they most definetely did not. they turned to 'retreat' then the first row turned and began firing. but not the rest...does that sound organized? im not questioning that they shot into the air and the ground...but they obviously shot in other directions too, and you would have to be insane to argue that. so you were lucky enough to see the news footage, so going by that you know everything about this incident? i dont think anyones trying to be riteous here, you just have that in your mind. and you know what i find very amusing? how hypocritical you are. making yourself the victim here. if anyones denying things its you. you remain totally oblivious to facts pointed right at your face, but continue to shove your opposing 'facts' in peoples faces. now for the second time...I WAS NOT THERE, AND AS FAR AS I KNOW...YOU WERENT EITHER. so you read/watched witness reports. as did i. tho i am not claiming to have everything figured out. and in my opinion, you are the one making wild speculations...not me. im simply stating my opinion, and solid facts. maybe you should...calm down? and possibly get some information thats not so one sided. and im guessing this thread is a lost cause, im never gonna get what i originally asked, just people doing everything they can to defend the 'cops' oh well
    <3

13. SpliffVortex

as nasty as cops were in the 60s i fear today cops more. things we took lightly back then "busted with an ounce pot was a slap in the wrist " many times not even a felony less amounts most cops did not even bother. Today is difrent also all this new laws make cops right down scary. We gain freedom in the 70s from the late 60s we lost freedom today from the early 80s and 90s and 911 2001. you can thank Reagan and Clinton. both right or left extreme.

14. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

I don't.
    They were sadistic/badass MFs back then.

It was/is just the opposite down here.
    I don't understand where the "lost freedom" idea originates...

15. SpliffVortex

ill try to explain some other day . but i can honest tell you a lots of things i could get away with in the 70s are very dificult to do today trust me on that one.

16. passapatanzy

passapatanzy Member

from the brilliant desapman:
    You are insisting the Guardsmen deliberately aimed and fired at people.
    Your totally in your right to IMAGINE THAT MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED.

Elisted Guardsmen Who Admitted Firing at Specific Students or Generally Into the Crowd:
    Pfc. James McGee, Sergeant Barry Morris, Sergeant Lawrence Shafer, Spec.4 James Pierce, Spec.4 Ralph Zoller, Spec.4 William Perkins.
    1. Violated rights of the victims to enjoy due process (in other words, the right not to be summarily executed).
    2. Assaulted the students.
    3. Meted out cruel and unusual punishment.
    4. Used excessive force when other alternatives were available.
    5. Aided and abetted one another.
    -From the 1975 Civil Trials of Kent State
    so don't feed us with your horseshit. where do you even come up with your ridiculous 'facts'.

17. SpliffVortex

hehe a bunch man with 8 shot m-1 garand 30.06 or m-14 with 20 round mags of very powerfull 308 nato round versus a student with a hard to find small rock in a clean well keept camp ground "and you know how clean school were in those days they several janitors and a crew to clean the whole cam ground.

18. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

I don't know why there is even anything to debate here. None of us were there and we all know that no news source is 100% reliable. I think the point of the whole situation is that untrained guardsmen were sent on duty to control 500+ people (however many were there), and acted on reflexes or instinct rather than formal training. I'm not pardoning what they did, because I don't doubt that they aimed at the kids, but it's done and over with and what we need to be debating is current police reform.

19. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

An entire quazipolitical Thread w/o 'n _ _ con' being thrown into the discussion...

...or did I miss it?

Either way, I'm still amazed...

~~~~~~~

UNCLE!
    The police are the military.
    The military are the police.

Logically there must be no difference as they are the same...

20. Pikachu

Pikachu Member

It doesn't surprise me that Desapman was banned.

Skip loves to ban people that don't tow the leftist line and offer a different viewpoint or opinion.