Keane!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Vicar_in_a_Tutu, May 12, 2004.

1. Vicar_in_a_Tutu

Vicar_in_a_Tutu Member

Anyone like this band? If you haven't already I strongly recommend you buy thier album 'Hopes and Fears'. It's so good.

2. drinkupyourcider

drinkupyourcider Member

Sorry but they are very samey in my opinion, very boring and trying to be Coldplay but without the talent

3. Vicar_in_a_Tutu

Vicar_in_a_Tutu Member

How are they trying to be Coldplay? They don't use guitars for a start.

4. zopilote

zopilote Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

theyre trying to do the piano driven coldplay songs...i'm sure you must be able to hear the similarity

after coldplay becoming so huge last couple of years, seems like the record companies attempt to find someone to fill in the gap between coldplay albums...same way snow patrols latest record sounded...

5. *moon*

*moon* Member

Hi you guys.

well,you may say what you want to....but,for me,KEANE is one of my favorite bands and they are creating the nicest sound I ve ever heard(I ve been opened a thread too*g*).Its unbelievable what they re doing with your emotions,kinda controversal thing I thought first[​IMG].....cause I was always already coming to cry!what I like very much is this easiness and realness they are giving you,they dont fit in to this awful music buissness....and I like that.The are showing just themselves...and they dont need to show off or even pretend to mean the "perfect life".that s kinda cool,isnt it....a grown up band!

*moon*

6. Skelter

Skelter Helter

7. *moon*

*moon* Member

who is this?

8. hiddendoor

hiddendoor Member

9. hiddendoor

hiddendoor Member

Trying to be Coldplay trying to be Tears For Fears

LMFAO

10. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Member

I don't know Keane for some reason but I think you should give Coldplay, The Verve, Sigur Ros and Radiohead a try.

And if you wan't some real emotinal stuff go to your local CD store and buy "Genesis - Selling England By The Pound". After buying go home, put the CD in your drive, put headphones on, turn it very loud and listen to "Cinema Show", "Firth Of The Fifth" and "Dancing with the Moonlit Knight". If you like what you hear try the whole CD. After listening to it with headphones I had to cry and the live show by "The Musical Box" was so wonderfullest thing I have ever seen.

11. *moon*

*moon* Member

gotta take you serious!*g*...........but unfortunately I m blank,but just listening to it may be ok too!

12. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Member

I tell you: If you've heard Genesis (and I mean not the Collins things so please try out "Selling England by the Pound") you'll love them! It is maybe a different sound as the other things I mentioned (it's kinda progressive rock) but it is so emotional...

13. *moon*

*moon* Member

they ve really done it to you,isnt it?!*g*...........gotta tell you,I love emotional music!If music isnt touching you.......its almost not worth hearing it.hope Ill like this kind a progressive type of music,cause dont know that