Kavanaugh Nomination

Discussion in 'Politics' started by skip, Sep 27, 2018.

1. So far now two of the women who accused Kavanaugh of rape have recanted (one even admitted she never met the man). My take on this is that the false accusations created a smokescreen that ultimately benefited the judge because looking into other aspects of his record was totally neglected. Seems like too many people thought they has a slam dunk to get rid of the guy and it failed miserably.

I'm beginning to understand why he kept quiet during the worst of this. It was the smart play from his perspective. After all, he knew he didn't do it!

This is what happens when something that's too good to be true is taken as gospel JUST because it makes an opponent look bad. I think the mania over Trump allowed this to happen. Maybe it's time to step back and examine this whole issue without the screaming and over-the-top rhetoric (like "Trump is Hitler" and other such childish rantings). The tantrum doesn't seem to be working.

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Judy Munro-Leighton was not one of the original accusers, just an "angry" woman who sent an anonymous email accusing Kavanaugh several days after Kavanaugh was questioned by the Senate.
    There is also an unidentified man who recanted.

3. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Yeah and the Switnick (sp) recant might get Avenatti in enough trouble, he will have to go to work for CNN as a legal consultant if he gets disbarred.

Her story now is, he twisted my words and made me swear to it. If he did.......lol.

Rats jumping from a sinking ship.

4. My problem is that when the vetting process turns into a circus, THIS is what we get. The important matters are swept aside by the sensational claims which shoot straight to the front of the agenda. While this tactic has had some success, like Kennedy's smearing of Bork, when the dust settles it becomes obvious that the facts and the claims were twisted by a political agenda.

Ultimately I agree that Bork was not a good candidate for caving in on the Cox issue so readily. He was so obviously Nixon's puppet. Kennedy's ploy was a hail Mary, but it worked. I just think it's a stunt that should have been beneath him.

5. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

I think the hearings should be kept behind closed doors. No desire for political grandstanding and pandering to the voters with these stunts. They can choose a judge based on the legal qualifications amongst themselves.

Booker can walk out then, but nobody would see it but his fellow panel members. Which means it likely wouldn't have happened.

6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Switnick now says she didn't actually see any drinks being spiked and that boys weren't lined up for a gang rape...they were huddled by doors, and she “didn’t understand what it could possibly be.” Possibly at the time, I don't know.

Too bad the FBI wasn't allowed to do a proper investigation of this stuff.

stormountainman likes this.
  7. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Kavanaugh lied under oath. There will be an investigation.

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

almond joy got nuts, mounds don't..

WritersPanic likes this.