Kavanaugh Nomination

Discussion in 'Politics' started by skip, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

It was a limited investigation. They themselves admitted this. The mandate came from the executive office.

While most of us can connect these dots, a lot of Trump supporters are patting themselves on the back for a job well done. It's scary that people think this was justice.

2. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Its important to document though, the difference between public claims of “I gave them free reign” and then contrast compare what happened quietly behind the scenes.

—-

The Republican Party has something psychologically philosophical about how their masses march-in-step and if you don’t fully agree you stay silent or abstain.

The Democrats, are more loose in the psychological social bonds that hold them together as a voting block. They’re too....frayed idealistically for lack of a better term. There’s left and then farther left (Green Party) while idealistically more pure, the cohesion isn’t there; they’re unwilling to lend their support for a less than ideal match of leftist values.

This I have identified as the driving force behind one step-forward and two steps back for leftist views.

In addition, center-left, has abandoned many of the inner cities issues, they took those votes for granted and I think it is a mistake to use typical identity-politics to statistically analyze support of where candidates are in the polls. It’s nuanced now, more specified statistical tools are needed especially after landline phones are gone as a reliable polling method.

Anyone who has taken statistics understands my last point here.

3. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Democrats are calling for a further investigation now that Kavanaugh has been confirmed. I have a feeling that all of the right questions will be asked this time, and all the witnesses will be called.

stormountainman likes this.
  4. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I saw an article titled Dynasty of Fraud (about the Trumpies) and it sounded like a great title for a new book! The Kavanaugh emplacement on the big court is a fraud against the people!

5. stormountainman

less than a month until we have Democrats in power!

snowtiggernd likes this.
  6. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Noserider likes this.
  7. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I'm more of an independent, but we'll wait and see :)

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

SpacemanSpiff likes this.
  9. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

:tearsofjoy: ^^

We will see!

10. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

If they should ever make a comeback, I hope the Democrats won't get stuck revisiting this issue. I don't think it will play well with the voters. The best strategy is to win the presidency and keep winning. Each president ordinarily gets to appoint, on average, two Supreme Court Justices for every term (s)he serves. (Some, like Carter, were unlucky in appointing none.) Things will have to get worse before that can happen, but I'm confident they will. The trade wars are our best hope.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

0:27
    Skeletor smear playbook..

12. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Skeletor smear? How so? Calling for winning free elections? It's democracy in action,

13. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

Maybe not a grudge so much as I know you don't like me. This is fine, but I would prefer not to have to see you piling on when someone makes a post like 'Oh fraggle'.

It kind of turns everything a lot more sour than it has to be.

14. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I think you took my post a little too seriously.

Nothing I ever post should be taken very seriously.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  15. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

There's a good chance the Dems will take the House but the odds are in favor of the GOP in the Senate.

16. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

Actually the post itself didn't bother me. I know I can get a bit too wound up over this stuff.

17. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

The Presidency AND the Senate – remember that the Republicans blocked Obama’s Supreme Court appointment and said that if Hillary got in and they held the Senate they would have blocked any judge appointments (Federal and SC) she made for however long she was in the Presidency.

As I said in another post I don’t think many on the right care about the methods used, the ends justifies the means, I think many would happily accept an authoritarian regime if it was of their political persuasion and so don’t worry about the trampling of norms, precedent and due process that inches the state toward that end.

The right want to take over the state through taking over the judiciary – from there they can successfully block any left wing policy that has been democratically voted for.

Universal healthcare could be ruled unconstitutional, the gerrymandering of districts to ensure that only Republicans can win them could be ruled at perfectly fine.

And if people ignore the courts rulings then they are breaking the law and the whole states mechanisms can be used against them.

The US constitution did not set up a democracy it set up a 'Rebublican' system that was meant to protect the established squire class that wrote it from what they saw as the mob. At the beginning of the US only around 10% of the male population had the vote (and fewer could stand for office) due to property qualifications tied to voting rights.

It seems to me that many on the right (especially its wealthy backers) would be very happy to return to that earlier ‘Republican’ model.

Okiefreak and MeAgain like this.
  18. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

You've called me a right wing nutjob on more than one occasion. You seem to be unable to discuss politics without being mean spirited and disrespectful. McFuddy playfully called you out for it. I found it amusing. I liked his comment. What's the problem? You can call me names but I can't like someone else's comment?

By the way, telling a woman you would prefer to not have to see what she has to say--in the Kavanaugh thread of all places--is not a good look for you. Like, at all.

19. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Exactly.
    The ends justify the means.

20. stormountainman

I plan ahead because Republicans plan ahead. That's how they won in 2016, in the Gorsuch nomination, and in the Kavanaugh nomination. Democrats cannot leave anything to the last minute then protest about it. The country is divided and the Confederates have infiltrated the state and federal governments by way of their membership in the Invisible Empire of the KKK.