Kavanaugh Nomination

Discussion in 'Politics' started by skip, Sep 27, 2018.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

In other words--she's a liar.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Bill Clinton the rapist isn't seeking or a candidate for office..

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Bill Clinton is smart and dumb at the same time. Got himself a jo-blob in the white house and lied about it. A Rhodes scholar is NOT dumb. I can tell anyone that wants to listen or those that remember---money was almost falling off the trees during his presidency. Then came Bush, a repub. OOps--world economy almost crashed, now endless war. Obama -a dem-got the recovery started. And now! NOW! We are in grave danger, IMO.

snowtiggernd likes this.
  4. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Mulitple women. Not just one. Don't be blind to Flowers and the dozens of others. But it's obvious you will support him despite your STRONG feelings about your stance on an accused gropers that have no supporting evidence. Groper bad if Republican. Groper acceptable if it's a Democrat. I'm no Rhodes Scholar but even I can see the problem.

5. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

If you need to put those words in others mouths so you can grasp your feelings, I'm not crushed about it. I never said that at all.

Are you calling Kavenaugh a liar?

6. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Is there some disconnect after I have stated she told a very credible story? She may just be remembering it wrong. Doesn't mean she is lying. It's already been shown she forgot all about a man she was seeing for a few months. We do not know what her mental counselor may or may not have identified in her mental state as a result of a trauma.

I have been accused of a crime by a mentally defective person before. She believed it was me no matter what anyone else thought. Do you know the mental state of Ford? Shall that be a subject of the investigation?

You want to hang your hat on a known addicts testimony in Judge?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  7. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

What happened was this:

Sen. Flake and Murkowski now on the record saying they will not support Kavanaugh unless there is an FBI investigation, McConnell's hands were effectively tied.

He's not going to call the bluff of Murkowski and Flake for fear that they make good on their promise and Kavanaugh's nomination fails by a single vote.

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

In this very own thread, I present to you exhibit A on Why Women Dont Report Sexual Assault

Either they're lying
    Or
    They're too mentally unfit to know what really happened

MeAgain, scratcho, McFuddy and 3 others like this.
  10. deleted

deleted Visitor

No I'm Spartacus..

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Some comments i've seen/heard regarding this over the last few days:
    She's lying for personal gain
    She's mentally unfit/crazy
    We should open an investigation into her sexual past
    Why was she at the party anyways, she should have known what goes on at those parties
    Boys just did that sort of thing back then
    You cant ruin a man's life over a mistake he made when he was young

I'm just waiting for someone to say she was wearing a miniskirt so she deserved it

For the most part I usually feel pretty good about being a woman in western society
    But events such as this...
    Are painful.

MeAgain, scratcho, McFuddy and 2 others like this.
  12. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

I don't know that she is either. Nor do you.

In this very thread we are assuming guilt to a man that has been accused of something that no other witness can corraborate. And if they don't change that in a week, you won't feel any differently.

Here is what I know. When people suffer a traumatic event, it changes how they think, how they cope, how they place things into memory. Doesn't mean they are lying or being deceptive on purpose.

I know for a fact a drunk person will recall an event that I was there to witness, completely differently than how it happened. Doesn't mean they are lying. They just recall it differently. And they have no way to recall it differently. I question this aspect of Kavenaugh's testimony as suspect.

35 years later, I have little hope either will remember it any differently.

But if Dr. Ford has provided named of 3 people that were there and they don't agree with her representation of events, we can't assume everyone is defective but her.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

^they havent disagreed, they just said they dont remember
    Which makes sense. Who would remember an uneventful party from 30 years ago? Not many people
    But it was eventful for her so she remembers.

Okiefreak and snowtiggernd like this.
  14. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Why should we not have a better idea of the reliability of someone that is in the process of trying to ruin someone else's life?

Why should we assume the man is guilty because a woman says he is?

I have watched sexual harrasment claims become weaponized long before now.

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Oh yeah, i forgot to include that one, thanks for the reminder
    "She's just trying to ruin his life"

16. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Most of the things I've heard said about it are that women are liars and make things up to get money and fame. First of all, I don't know anyone who wants to be famous for that reason. Second, what fame? Ford has to have personal security guards because she's been getting death threats. These women know how it goes down when they speak up against a powerful man. She has no reason to lie. Her life will be ruined by this and Kavanaugh will be confirmed and all forgotten.

The thing that bothers me is that republicans think that democrats are as one track minded as they are. They always bring up Bill Clinton. I'm perfectly capable of having an opinion about a fellow Democrat that isn't positive. I think it's horrible what he did. I hate Hillary but I voted for her because better her than a glorified two year old with a Twitter account. It seems to me that Trump has opened the floodgates for people to take on responsibilities that they are not qualified for and have no business doing. Tomorrow I'm going to go into a law firm and demand to be hired and say that Trump sent me.

MeAgain, scratcho and Okiefreak like this.
  17. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

They have stated that their version of the night don't match hers. Including one that was in the room while it was happening.

Yes it could all be a cover up by Judge and Kavvenaugh. Or it could be a cover up by the Dems. The two men that supposedly said it was them and made statements to that affect sure are worth hearing more about.

But I doubt some would find them credible no matter what.

18. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

We have people deciding that they have civic duties to obstruct and resist at all cost.

Tracking down anyone that is associated with Trump and making them as miserable as they can.

We have Trump supporters running over people at demonstrations because they feel a sense of duty to.

It's just a matter of how far will they go?

I'm not about to say I know. Desperate people do desperate things. Nothing surprises me anymore. People have different views about what Civic duty means than I do.

19. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

That could in fact be the entire plan. You aren't dealing with rational politics any longer. Or rational voters. Dr Ford has in the past publicly protested Trump since he was elected. Dr Ford felt no "civic duty" to lodge these accusations against Judge Kavennaugh as he sat for 12 years as a judge prior to this. That seems to be worthy of exploration in order to clear her name of any subversive efforts she may be accused of having.

How low can they POSSIBLY go? USA Today get NUKED for running 'truly evil' hit on Brett Kavanaugh

Next step pedophilia.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  20. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

and kavanaugh wasn't politicizing during his tirade?
    give me a fucking break.