Kavanaugh Nomination

Discussion in 'Politics' started by skip, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

If this were a court trial and I was a juror, I wouldn’t be able to convict Kavanaugh but this is not about convicting someone in such a trial. Becoming a judge isn’t a right just because you went to Yale and worked your ass off, as he put it. For me, I think people can change and I think that back in high school and college, when alcohol was involved, a different guy emerged. I spent a lot of my time in college drunk lol there’s no shame in it but he seems to want to hide that he was a partier. It shows dishonesty and for that, I oppose his nomination.

Oops, I thought I was a senator for a moment. :oops:

Mountain Valley Wolf, Toker and Eric! like this.
  2. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

3. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

He admitted to partying and drinking to excess on more than one occasion. I agree that he's probably being a bit conservative as to the extent. But that is not even close to connecting the dots to Dr Ford's story. Look I believe neither are as innocent as we'd like them to be. Nobody on the SCOTUS nor our elected officials are.

4. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

5. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

But the difference is he is running for a SC justice position.

I think how I feel about it that I hope they do an investigation. I do believe in innocent until proven guilty although Dr Ford sounded very credible to me. But an allegation isn’t enough to determine truth, an investigation should be.

But since the FBI dropped the ball numerous times when given tips to investigate about the Parkland school shooter, I’m cautious in thinking they’ll do a good job.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Latest development: A request by Sen Jeff Flake, backed by Sen. Lisa Murkowski, to postpone the vote for up to a week--and no more--to allow an FBI investigation. It seems to be gaining momentum. That should put a lid on it. TBC. If there are two guys out there claiming to be the perpetrators, by all means bring them on, put them on the stand and cross-examine them.

MeAgain likes this.
  7. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Agree ^^

I think that makes the most sense. If it ends up being a mistake in identity, then it would be an entirely different thing although other women have come forth. I don’t believe the woman who said he and Mark Judge were orchestrating gang rapes. So she kept going to party after party with high school kids watching them get gang raped and did nothing? Lol Right. And she was in college, supposedly.

Her ex bf got a restraining order on her so she sounds like she lives for drama.

But there are others who seem credible but honestly, an investigation would be the best thing because if he’s innocent, he should clear his name.

8. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

I don't think an FBI investigation will result in anyone being put on a stand to be cross examined. That isn't what the FBI does. If what you want is for them to be questioned by the Senate, that is exactly what we watched yesterday. That isn't on the table.

I'm glad they are discussing it as a "limited" investigation in limit and in time. A week (no more) only as it applies to whats before them. I hope that means that all sides will be investigated. There are relevant unknowns on both sides.

The Dems can dredge up others if they know they are part of an uncapped investigation. Even if they aren't credible like the gang rape claim seems to be, the Dems sure want to insert these allegations into the mix. The circus that can continue well past November. I'm sure they are frantically drafting up the rules they expect the FBI to follow when they are investigating. And who not to investigate. And what they better find.

I'm glad they didn't release the names. Its bad enough they have ruined 2 reputations already. Why add to it? These 2 men can be interviewed and investigated in private. Like Ford asked to be. It does not change what the panel will hear. It will avoid the public circus turning into a 5 ring one.

Judge already has a lawyer. I predict the Dems will resist any attempts his attorney makes to shield him. They will throw a public tantrum. They can only shield Ford.

9. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

ts not forget that when Kavanaugh was first announced as the nominee Chuck Schumer said the dems would do everything they could to block and delay the confirmation. We should not be surprised.

10. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

Lets not forget

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

12. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

13. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Let's not forget that before Professor Blasey Ford's testimony, Mitch McConnell said that Kavanaugh would get his SCOTUS seat. “So my friends, keep the faith, don't get rattled by all of this. We're going to plow right through it and do our job.” Let's not forget

MeAgain likes this.
  14. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

15. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

He lost his temper. He spouted the republican line--a vast left wing conspiracy--because the dems are mad about trump--mentioned the Clintons for dogs sake! Anything and I mean ANYTHING that leans a little left or is even in the middle--will get the heave-ho from the two female harassers on the court, not to mention the other right wingers. You young folks are going to have to bear the 30 year run that the right is going to have, IMO. UNLESS: VOTE!!

MeAgain, Okiefreak and snowtiggernd like this.
  16. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Some of what Kavanaugh states I believe. This part I do. The left has been on a blind hate tear since losing the election of 2016. And I'd love to see the Clinton's get investigated. And yes I can hope that they left continues to castrate themselves enough to last 30 years. I really never thought I'd live to see a Republican as president again as long as I lived here. Just give me 15. I don't need 30. I'll take 4.

I'd lose my temper too if someone has attempted to ruin my life.

idahocowboy likes this.
  17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

And does it make any difference to you if she's telling the truth or not

eggsprog and scratcho like this.
  18. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The Clintons have been investigated to hell and back---nothing. That dog is dead. Meliai, you know that it makes NO difference to trump backers or any other republican. They love trump and ANYTHING he says or does means marching orders have been given, including the nomination of this right wing dink. I know/think your question was rhetorical-----

MeAgain and Okiefreak like this.
  19. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Who is the she you refer to? I already said I think Ford was very believable. But she isn't the one asserting he is a gang rapist or a serial assaulter. Ford is simply a Democratic pawn who is serving the purpose the Dems want her to.

20. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

So you're fine with Bill Clinton?

idahocowboy likes this.