Katrina

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Orsino2, Aug 28, 2005.

1. led zppelilin fan

led zppelilin fan read this and die!!!

2. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I do too... it's just like having time alone. Haha, you can do whatever, read, listen to whatever music, etc. without having someone else.

Then again, sometimes smoking with someone else is great too... But, you know what I mean.

3. Micha

Micha Now available in Verdana!

It depends on who it is. But I prefer being alone than with my normal weed friends.

Though Im sure if I never smoked with them agian I would miss it. So...

I like 50/50.

4. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Thanks to Katrina, oil prices have already shot over $70 a barrel. From From the Wilderness:

[This is even before the hurricane has done any significant damage to oil infrastructure. This loss is due only to evacuations. Whatever damage is done by the storm itself may, in some cases, take a year or longer to repair. God knows how many billions that will cost or whether repair crews will even be able to get to key locations. By that time the US economy will have imploded.

I'm going out on a short, sturdy limb here. Oil prices will break the $80 mark within a week. That could turn out to have been an understatement.

Katrina's landfall on August 29, 2005 may well be remembered as the beginning of the collapse of the American Empire. It could also be remembered by future generations as the day that Mother Earth declared full-scale war on the human race. - MCR]

Muther Nature's a bitch, eh?

5. humerously enough I was listening to new mother nature (the guess who) as I read that....

our economy was already dancing on a razor-blade with the housing bubble (that is there)

By 2007 china will own us or we'll have to declare a major war to get our asses out of this and we will get a totalitarian dictator who will make us rich again.....

6. buxillafion

buxillafion secretary of pizza

no..
    like..

bodies that once were alive
    like sunday
    and then
    ....not alive
    on monday

7. Orsino2

Oh... well.

Damn.

8. buxillafion

indeed..

9. buxillafion

10. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

hahaha :eek:

"bodies that were once alive" :D

11. buxillafion

shut up :rolleyes::D

12. Orsino2

(From wikipedia/wikinews)

August 30, 2005

Ivor van Heerden, Deputy Director of the Louisiana State University Hurricane Center and director of the Center for the Study of Public Health Impacts of Hurricanes, is warning that floodwaters resulting from Hurricane Katrina could carry toxic waste from the "Industrial Canal" area in New Orleans - the site of many chemical plants. Van Heerden has, for four years, studied computer models about the impact of a powerful hurricane.

"These chemical plants [could] start flying apart, just as the other buildings do, so we have the potential for release of benzene, hydrochloric acid, chlorine and so on." said van Heerden; "we're looking at a bowl full of highly contaminated water with contaminated air flowing around and, literally, very few places for anybody to go where they'll be safe."

Van Heerden itemized problems people returning to the city would find: "no sewage, no drinking water, contamination, threat of rapid increase in mosquitoes, roads are impassible, downed power lines everywhere, trees, debris from houses in the roads, no way to go shopping, no gas." The water has also released fire ants and thousands of snakes, many being venomous, from their normal habitats.

"If you came back, you would be coming literally to a wilderness," van Heeden said. "Stay where you are, be comfortable; nothing's going to change. If your house is gone, it's gone. If you come back in a day or a week, it's not going to make any difference."

CNN is reporting "huge police roadblocks" leading into New Orleans and that their news truck was not allowed to enter the city. The CNN correspondent said the other side of the roadblock looked like "a scene out of hell".

13. alice_d_millionaire

alice_d_millionaire Just Do It©

wow... katrina owned new orleans...

14. Micha

Im supposed to write a one hundred word essay on what happened to New Orleans and how I feel about it. It would be pretty easy if I just did it. But I dont feel like it. Tomorrow is Thursday, the next is Friday. Then a four day weekend. I wish it was Friday. Better yet I wish it was four years in the future and I was graduated.

I should proabably do it becuase someday im going to actually misplace a homework assignment, and what then?

15. spooner

spooner is done.

Katrina? I'd hit it.

16. Micha

Gays to blame for hurricane Katrina?

Article

17. heard about that

I blame the jet stream...... always staying up late and partying, damn that jetstream.....

18. Micha

“May this act of God cause us all to think about what we tolerate in our city limits, and bring us trembling before the throne of Almighty God”

What shit.

19. led zppelilin fan

led zppelilin fan read this and die!!!

christianitty is almost a mental dictatorship

20. again, you do not understand christianity, the blind criticism disgusts me........