Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by dhs, May 29, 2004.

1. dhs

dhs Senior Member

What are your views on Karma? Do we reap what we sow?

2. peaceband_chick

peaceband_chick Member

Yes. Yes we do.

3. mimosa

mimosa Banned

Definitely. But the rewards are not always evident in this lifetime.

edit to say: and the opposite of rewards too.

4. paradigm

paradigm Member

Do you think karma involves your thoughts as well? I have heard this from some people, but always believed it was your actions.

5. Scholar_Warrior

Scholar_Warrior Be Love Now

all energy creates. all energy is creation. thoughts are energy. thoughts are creation. creation is karma. thoughts are karma. karma is heavy, binding. karma is worldly. worldly is solid, dense.

spiritual is light. light is thin, elusive. you can see it, but you cannot hold it. once it registers, you can only remember it as it has already passed. you are the perception. you are not the organs of perception. you are the experience, not the tool of experience, which is your body.

your spirit and your body are one, yet they differ. figure it out.

6. Digital Underpants

Digital Underpants Member

Karma it's everywhere you are going to be...........

7. Scholar_Warrior

"It is the very energy

of thought

Which keeps thee

from thy God.

- John Henry Newman

8. dhs

dhs Senior Member

Do you believe in this? To me that is like saying our thoughts are not pure and inhibit us from contacting spiritual enlightenment.

9. Scholar_Warrior

exactly!

ask yourself this: is thought energy essentially evil, or is the direction of it evil? as it is, it generally is moving out from the center, and where do you think divine thought originates? hmm? the further it moves out, the more diluted it becomes.

--------------

think of it this way; the more superficial the thought, the lesser the energy of that thought. deeper thoughts require more effort and yeild more energy. control of one's self develops from knowing one's self, and this is power.

find the sensation of your energy and you move closer to truth. but remember this is the most personal sensation, and takes you deepest into yourself. your power is in your center.

10. dhs

dhs Senior Member

Well I guess that highlights the difference between unproductive thought in the basic form and clear reception of why one feels a certain way and how certain energies affect us. at least thats my interpretation of what you are saying

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

to answer the question that was the title of this thread, not even a god eludes the consiquences of their actions ultimately. like all these kinds of things it's more statistical then linear. you never know where or when kharma will call in its debts. its not a mind. it more like a natural force or the way things work. like the weather. and it doesn't require any special dedicated real estate that would be meaningless to an awairness without mind or memory anyway. you can always find seeming counter examples of someone appearantly getting away with something. but if you look at the larger picture of probabilities you find this always to be by far the exceptions, and generaly temporary ones at that. the thing is, kharma isn't some kind of cosmic vengence, its just the way the universe is made. like if you tear up a bunch of crap you've got this pile of torn up crap. its just that whatever you do everyone gets to live with the consiquences of your doing so, including yourself. so it works the other way too. the less harm we cause the less harm there is for all of us to have to live with.

or were you talking about that turtle guy?

12. dhs

dhs Senior Member

So your view themnax is that Karma is not personally impersonal. Otherwords, the karma you contribute too whether positive or negative has a greater effect on the whole populous and thus might not be immediately felt on your own persona.

13. Scholar_Warrior

Excellent!!!! Well said!

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

*=*=*=*
    right. i'm just going by what i've observed. it's a probability thing. it's not linear but everything you do profoundly effects the odds of its outcome, and, like i said, not even a god entirely eludes them ultimately.
    some people insist on gambling on getting away with things for a while, and sometimes for a while they do. sooner or later it catches up though, generaly when and in ways least expected.
    this isn't a matter of some kind of arbitrary judgement like in a lot of belief systems. but bennifit is bennifit and harm is harm. and a lot of the reason for a lot of things being messed up that are is because people don't realize that all harm ultimately harms themselves, as well as whoever or whatever else it also might.
    i'm not saying that's the beggining and end of it either. but it is one of many real good reasons to try to avoid as much as possible the causing of harm of any kind. yes it does also catch up with individuals. this life, that life, some other life. what life it catches up with someone in doesn't chainge that sooner or later it does. it just isn't always obvious that's what's happening when it does.
    there's also both a rain of tests and a rain of blessings that falls on the high and low alike. but again the karma thing is a matter of probability, and just because it isn't linear doesn't make it any less real.
    i don't personaly believe our next life is any more eternal then this one, nor the one after that nor the one after that, but i also don't believe that gets anyone out of anything either.
    i think even traditional reincarnation beliefs are a bit of an oversimplification. it's a big univers and one world where there is life is as likely to be born into as another. and this tangable universe is likely not the limits of it either.
    and the idea of a bardo/limbo BETWEEN lives seems quite reasonable to me, though i think few if any of us are or will ever be born remembering any of the particulars about that.

15. Thethirdbenjamin

Thethirdbenjamin Member

I rember there was this idiot i had in one my clases in high school, i didn't like eventually fate came in and he got kicked out of high school for doing something elese.

So, ya i beleive in it because he gradually became worse and worse and finally fate went against him.

Or a better example is revenge an eye for an eye does make the world blind, if you get back at someone in some cases your just fueling it to continue and leaveing yourself open for more bad things to happen.

16. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

of course we do... Every religion preaches some form of karmic retribution in life, that must mean something...

17. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

I totally believe in Karmic retribution/blessing...but I hope most sincerely that our thoughts are exempt, because I am often inwardly delighted when someone I don't like has their bad Karma catch up with them, I must admit.