Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Serenity4life, Jun 11, 2006.

1. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I think you have to reconsider that.

2. _chris_

_chris_ Marxist

No, i dont believe in god and am a dialectical materialist.

3. Blinkandimgone

Blinkandimgone Member

im not sure because i tried to be a better person, but things went better when i was less...nice is the only word i can use! maybe things will get better soon :) (i hope!!)

4. wildflowereyes

wildflowereyes Senior Member

maybe karma isnt working in your favor because youre actions are with the intent of altruistic gains.

reference from wikipedia (so i dont sound rude):
    The Theory of Karma

Karma literally means action. We first take an intent and follow it up with action in the form of thought, speaking to others, planning and execution. According to the Theory of Karma - every action taken to achieve a result or profit (fruit of action) leaves a trace or a karmic residue behind it. It is this residue that keeps accumulating and takes away ones well being and freedom. Only a person who acts to produce results without worrying about profit (Nishkama Karma or Niskarma) does not accumulate such a Karmic residue. Such action normally comes out of love or pure passion.

Quoting from Gita, Lord Krishna says: "I shall now describe nishkama karma yoga, the path of selfless action. You have a right to perform your natural prescribed duties, but you are not entitled to any fruits of that action. You should neither act with desire to enjoy the fruits of your work, nor, as a result, should you be attached to neglecting your duties"

How does Karmic residue work?

Any action whose motive is other than love or passion, begins a psychological compensation process which is hard to complete. Example: If we helped somebody when we did not want to - no amount of compensation helps later as we always feel incomplete. Any incomplete action somehow begins to consume a part of our free attention on how to get rewarded. During our journey of life we accumulate considerable Karmic residue and this depletes our free attention significantly. Lack of free attention means lack of intelligence. Many of the bad situations we get into in life are as a result of a lack of intelligence and attention.

5. happy_kel

happy_kel thug life.

Karma's a mother fuckin BITCH..

& Im glad the people that I know deserve it, get it!

6. spooner

spooner is done.

Its just one more version of the carrot and the stick.

7. fuzz_acid_flowers

fuzz_acid_flowers Aqueou§ Transmi§§ion

i don't really know:D

8. mushroomherb

mushroomherb Member

i believe in it