Karma pt II

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by dhs, May 30, 2004.

1. dhs

dhs Senior Member

Karma and Luck - are they related or completely different

2. dhs

dhs Senior Member

Let me elaborate on the basis for this question. There are the sayings, "Good things happen to bad people" and "Bad things happen to good people"

In the previous thread, some have suggested that Karma transcends the current life time of the individual and positive and negative karma/energy in the current life may be a product of actions in past lives and our current actions may not be felt until a future life. Others have said that Karma is not individualized but transferrable amongst everyone. With this last statement the suggestion is that by creating good or bad Karma, the individual might not be 'presonally' affected by such creations aside from being part of a whole that they have made a contribution too.

3. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

luck is too superficial of a word to really be compared to karma.....
    i think....

4. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

I have heard it said that luck is the opposite of Karma, but I think that's wrong. In my opinion, they are related inasmuch as they are the two sides of the same coin.
    Good or bad luck/Karma--they are both part of life. Heaven luck, earth luck,and human luck make up a cosmic trinity governed by time, space and action.
    The LUCK part is all in the timing. If we do the right thing at the right time and use the right place, we will be fortunate. If we do the wrong thing we get into trouble. This introduces the element of action. Actions and inactions, skills and decisions relate to human luck, and also to Karma.
    I hope I explained that okay.

5. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Karma is the opposite of luck/hazard to me... but your karma can be luck, too, so, I don't really know what to think! It's a pretty difficult question...

6. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

you're lucky when good karma works in your favour at the right time...