Kanye West and Slavery (!).

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jimbee68, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I just watched Real Time with Bill Maher which I DVR'd. Maher said Kanye West said the amendment outlawing slavery should be repealed. Mr. West called it a trap door for African Americans (according to Maher).

Did he really say that? And is he serious?

He must be joking, Kanye West. Or is he just pretending to be conservative to make people angry (in which case I should have put this in the Conspiracy section?)?

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

As we head towards the end of 2018 and into 2019, it is my sincerest hope for humanity that we all take a moment to realize what Kanye West says isnt even remotely important.

lode, McFuddy, beachbum86 and 4 others like this.
  3. deleted

deleted Visitor

Nicki Minaj, Pusha T, Rick Ross Talk With Obama at White House ... @BarackObama thank u for the invite I'm so inspired BLESSED..

[​IMG]

4. I know who Kanye West is because he is always all over the place
    But I don't know ANYTHING about his music
    Can't think of one song

Aerianne likes this.
  5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

What did he actually say?

Noserider likes this.
  6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

It's well known Kanye suffers from mental health issues and is currently not taking his medication.

I wouldn't put a whole hell of a lot of stock into what he's saying at the moment.

7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

As we approach the midterms (though I don't know when it was said) it occurs to me that many topics are introduced a method to rally the base so to speak. :) I don't know...

I think Kanye may be thinking that his money is taken care of when people vote republican. My best guess. Why is he throwing African-Americans under the bus to do it? I suspect for publicity.

Okiefreak likes this.
  8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Kanye West proved he’s mentally unbalanced when he interrupted Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech at the MTV Video Music Awards.- He and Trump are the perfect fit

Trump the Slave Master, and Kanye West the White House ******

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

Are we allowed to use the ****** word here now.. Because I was waiting for the loony lefts to start tossing it around.

10. hotwater

No, but I should be given a special dispensation since I'm black and hold no prejudice towards Kanye or at least on the grounds of color,
    He's nuts, but there's nothing I or anyone else can do about it.

11. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

By who you hate, by this are you truly known, and why Cat Stevens went from a hippie to a Muslim fundamentalist who disavowed every song he ever made. Kane West only knows that he's ready to fight, but has no clue who he is fighting for.

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

No special privilege, you just think your being smart and witty, and on the bandwagon.. Look how popular you comment is among your friends. Yay..
    Sometimes people need to check yourself into mental hospitals for rest.
    Some people take anti-depressants, anti anxiety medications. In fact HIP FORUM is full of those people.
    But I get it Lefties are also allowed to insult the mentally ill..

Bet you get a lot of information from that Faggot Don Lemon.. ;)

Pressed_Rat likes this.
  13. hotwater

You do realize there’s a popular anchor on FOX News who’s openly gay?

I wonder how often you criticize his comments….hmmmmm...

14. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Well this thread went to shit fast...

McFuddy and Tyrsonswood like this.
  15. deleted

deleted Visitor

Fox. lol Tucker and Hannity. No thanks.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Kanye west
    Kanye west
    Made from real gorilla's chest.

:tearsofjoy:

17. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

It isn’t just Kanye, it’s anybody who drops the line:

“I don’t speak in soundbytes, I think complex” and the doesn’t go on to articulately explain niche and connect the dots to a broader picture, like how a camera can zoom in on something and then zoom out, and yet both the zoom in and zoomed-out view make sense when you see both.

And you can’t hide behind not explaining it assuming people won’t understand. Yes you’ll get critic’s, some genuine critics and others just troll-critics, but that doesn’t mean all criticism is bad. But understand that if you take taxes to 0% for manufacturing the costs are still higher than 3rd world. When it comes to budgetary topics there’s is objective perspective of MATH that underlies why some financial policies are better than others. Math is not Trumped by marketing, and if you think it is you are in for a very rude slap by reality: with a mix of economic debt, stagnation, hyperinflation, and a bad product, or a high quality product that is unaffordable for most meaning it’s market is small.

Yeah....have you noticed the connect-the-Dots doesn’t happen by ANYBODY that carries an aura of “I know it all; I’m dreaming big” and then when pressed doesn’t explain stuff...it’s a cop out isn’t it?

Trump does this, Alex jones does this, Kanye does this, and anybody down to a citizenry level does this and they all celebrate each other in a fake-it-til-you-make it culture...which probably originated from psychological defensive mechanisms well-known to probably be of use for entrepreneurs or those of business culture. But knowing that double-edged personality trait, understand that not all business ideas pan out, in fact most fail or aren’t profitable.

18. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

Yeah he's all over the place, probably trying to piss people off. Supporting slavery and I even heard he's flown the confederate flag? And then makes music videos where he acts like a radical:

19. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Kanye's appearance with Trump the other day was hilarious and highly entertaining theatre.

In my honest opinion, Kanye is a musical genius (not in the traditional sense, but in terms of studio production), but at the same time he has become bit of a joke. I think he may be mentally ill, but also possibly under the effects of mind control and drugging at the hands of his handlers, which you can laugh at but is a reality with most big name Hollywood celebrities.

Yet he also speaks a lot of truth. The idea that Democrats give two shits about black people, other then keeping them impoverished and dependent on the system which is enslaving them (for votes), is laughable.

But I certainly don't think voting Republican or for Trump is the answer either.

Just like how that super sexy but deceiving, phony black woman Candace Owens speaks a lot of truth about the "Democrat plantation", yet acts as if the Republican plantation is a real alternative. It's not. The system is set up to keep humanity at large enslaved. The two party system is a con, and I would never vote for anyone in either party (or vote at all), though clearly the Democrats and "progressives" are far worse, IMO.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Orison and Beutsecks like this.
  20. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I love this whole album.