kansas thunderstorms

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by madcrappie, May 25, 2004.

1. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

monday night was an exciting night. Lightning storms all around, had a bit of hail here, no wind, but heavy downpours. We were lucky though, tornado touchdowns all around us and just around topeka they had baseball sized hail (glad we didnt have that).... the most interesting part was looking at the massive cumulonimbus formations and all the lightning strikes, just amazing... I love kansas weather.

2. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

We've been getting heavy weather for the past few weeks too! I saw all of that crap in Kansas on the Weather Channel, I was worried about you. Then I remembered your kung fu meat cutting skillz and was relieved. ;)

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

You love Kansas weather? Yeah, you say that until an F4 tornado comes ripping through your town, wiping everything out in its path. I would hate to live in the midwest because they get some of the most violent weather in the world, and at such a high frequency.

The weather seems to be getting more violent and unpredictable with each passing year. It's only a precursor for what's to come in the not so distant future, I'm afraid. And yes, it's due largely to global warming.

Even the weather here in New York has been fucking strange so far this season. We've seen about 6 severe thunderstorms within the past week, coupled with some flash flooding and tornadoes. And we're seeing this all across the country! Something is not right.

4. metro

metro self-banned

Weather like that is exciting, but as pressed_rat said it is a warning of sorts. I mean, most environmental changes are not very perceivable, but climate change is very noticeable and appears to be happening rapidly. It should freak everyone out. Who can deny it's happening?