Justin Bieber

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by Bryce, Mar 24, 2018.

1. OrleansWordsmith

OrleansWordsmith Moderate anarchist

wasn't talking about YOU silly... he was calling you ignorant I was defending you...

2. OrleansWordsmith

Well lack of experience could account for not grasping some things. I'm letting it go. It was a feisty discussion, I must say... I tend to like just about all genres. And I do believe there is classical, rock, and other categories or genres and many sub genres. They're not just figments. Yes we are all of the human race. But our sub genres are mixtures of ethnicities from everywhere on earth . First genre is human. The rest split into thousands of mixtures. It's the same with music. And expounding on that metaphor, as time goes by the genres become more blended, diverse and overlapping... There are still some genres that are identifiable as mostly one thing. Those will exist, but blending will probably keep going and get us all to better places muscially and socially... Music as social engineering.... Wow my mind is blowing!!

soulcompromise likes this.
  3. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Apologies you quoted me so I thought you'd misunderstood my intent

4. OrleansWordsmith

Not into beatin up on you... or anyone.... not here for anger... but for blowing my mind!!!! ahahahahaha

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't disagree with anything you said here, but my point about age was just that everyone he named had their 15 minutes of popularity in the late 90s, which was when people my age were actually aware of which pop artists were currently popular. if he had named 4 or 5 pop singers/groups that were popular in 2014, i would assume he's approximately a senior in high school right now.

6. OrleansWordsmith

Does that matter, as long as he has a cogent argument/discussion...? My only disagreement is the limitations of view. In its narrowness, it might be OK. But it's like discussing the affects of DDT on the environment (just saw Doc about Silent Spring and its author) in one decade... the 1960s. Its mass use started in the 1940s and then environment degradation and associated issues became evident 20 years later. '90s music didn't exist in a vacuum and didn't come to fruition similarly. It is not much different than the music just before it and as we see, not much different than that just after it. It is tweaked into new clothes every few years and new and diverse sub genres sprout along with all that... Musicologically speaking, a broad view usually helps with thought on a subject, though broad is more complex to dissect. If someone doesn't want to think in that manner, it limits the discussion no matter what age they are. Everyone's thoughts and opinions are colored by their subjective view of an issue. Their personal experience with it. But hearing and allowing other thought on something is a way of coming closer together and expanding all our minds in a host of positive directions. Love to everyone in this thread!

7. Bryce

Bryce A nut busting poster is a happy poster!

You’re obviously confused (or your stubbornness is compelling you to be willfully ignorant). Here, let me help you: Pop music - Wikipedia

Have a nice day!

8. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Throwing a temper tantrum & continuing to bandy around pointless insults simply because you can't come up with a viable response. Well done.

9. Bryce

Bryce A nut busting poster is a happy poster!

Projection? Or is ^this guy having a conversation with himself?

Strange indeed! :neutral:

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

not at all, it was just an aside. you know, like "hey, we seem to have something in common."