Just wondering..

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Disarm, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

I didn't put limitations on God. God came to us human form. He came to save his people. We can't save ourselves, only he can. He has no limitations. We do.

2. Cerberus

Cerberus Member

You said that God needed to become full human in order to experience the human condition. Why would God need to do this when "he" is God? Sounds like you're limiting him.

This is all garbage, a cover. You turn my argument back at me and act like I said God has limitations, stop doing that please.

3. campbell34

campbell34 Banned

God taking on human form, was another way that Christ being God humbled Himself, in order to show us the intensity of His love for us. And as Jesus said, the greatest act of love, is one who would give up his life for his brother. Also in the Old Testament it states that without the shedding of blood their is no forgiviness of sins. Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament prophecies by being the blood sacrifice for all the sins of the world. His sacrifice applies to all who accept Him as their Lord, and Savior.

4. campbell34

campbell34 Banned

God knew every person before the world was created, and even the hairs on your head are numbered by Him. His plan of salvation is simple, but God Himself is beyond our wildest imagination. Jesus is the blood sacrfice. There is no other name given unto men to be saved, but the name Jesus Christ. We are all sinners and you could spend a life time trying to figure out if you broke one or more of the commandments. Even one sin prevents entrance into heaven, because those who enter heven are perfect. The only way one can be perfect is if the blood of Christ has washed away their sin. John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

5. campbell34

campbell34 Banned

John 1:1 In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with God, and the WORD was God.

John 1:14 And the WORD was made flesh, and dwelt amoung us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

6. campbell34

campbell34 Banned

In the Old Testament there are over 300 prophecies that were written down long before Christ was born. Jesus fulfilled everyone of them. The chances of this happening by accident would be impossible. Especially when one considers, it was those that hated Jesus that fulfilled many of the prophecies.

7. Disarm

Disarm Member

Oh give us a break... If you cared that much about your religion then maybe you should look at it in a reasonable, logical light. Read the text around the passages (not just one verse) and its impossible to still believe they relate to jesus. This is so old now, just come off it, it's right in your face, all youve got to do is pick up the bible and read it, isn't that what's so important?

8. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

aw, man. epiphany, i think you're really sweet and all that, but i have to disagree with you where you said that jesus would have been in the temple praying to himself. first of all, he DID spend quite a lot of time in the temple as demonstrated by several episodes within the gospel. he was well acquainted with the practices and scripture, as any good jew would be. also, in all of jesus' prayers, he prayed to the father, and told us to do so as well. jesus did not ask any of us to worship HIM, rather, he was the sacrifice to cleanse us so that we would have the right to approach god. the final sacrifice. it's done, because of him we have the right to approach god with our prayers. so i basically prefer to read what christ spoke, rather than the propaganda added in later.

9. thumontico

thumontico Member

Okay so 300 prophecies were written. Then hundreds of years later someone else wrote how 300 prophecies were fufilled. If thats not proof, I do know what is.

Looking at this without the slightest bit of skepticism (which you clearly have mastered) do you think it possible that Jesus, being the good Jew that he was, maybe read some of the 300 prophecies and then fulfilled them, knowing that some dude 2000 years later will use it as proof of the Bible's validity?

10. Disarm

Disarm Member

yeah. he tried to fulfil the messianic prophesies but there are about 14 of them? 7 major ones..I can't find the actual number cause im lazy. The rest arent even prophesies, theyre talking about israel being formed (most not prophesising israel forming, but more "when this happens, it will be grand")

11. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

12. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

There is only one person that could fulfill the OT prophecies and that's Jesus.

What's most important is having a personal relationship with Jesus. Reading the Bible helps with that but how can it help when a person does not believe Bible (God's/Jesus' words)?

13. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

-Luke 24:44

Messianic prophecy is the collection of over 300 predictions in the Old Testament about the future Messiah of the Jewish people. These predictions were written by multiple authors, in numerous books, over approximately 1,000 years. Messianic Prophecy is so dramatic today, because with the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls and the reliability of the Septuagint version of the Old Testament (both of which have been proven to exist prior to the time Jesus walked on the earth) you can be assured that these prophecies were not conspired after-the-fact.

It has been calculated that anyone just fulfilling 8 Messianic prophecies by chance is next to impossible..1 in 10 to the 17th power (1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000), 48 prophecies to be 1 in 10 to the 157th power, (or 1 in 10,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,
    000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000..consider the number of zeros for all 300+ prophecies!)

Today, the only way Bible scoffers can explain away this astronomical probability is to discredit the prophecies in one way or another. Their only alternative is to accept that God is the author of scriptures. The Bible is reliable book of genuine divine prophecy, You can trust it!

The evidence of divine prophecy presented here is just a tiny portion of proofs available to establish the divine origin of the Bible. Yet, they are more than sufficient to prove the inspiration of the Bible. There will always be men who scoff at the Bible. You, however, can be confident when you read your Bible that God is the author.