Just without the white guy on top

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by deleted, Dec 27, 2017.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

That's a silly article

But the Thomas the Train thing did strike a chord lol. I didnt take it as seriously as the writer of the article but I do recall thinking Sir Topham Hatt was a diiiick when I used to read those books to my son. What a fucking fascist. I always wanted to see revolution come to the Island of Sodor

Viva la revolution!

Orison likes this.
  3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I miss Bugs Bunny and Roadrunner.

Orison likes this.
  4. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Yeah. Bugs was just a cross dressing sociopath.

Orison and Americunt like this.
  5. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

That's basically what it all boils down to, getting rid of the Whitemales®.

Kerri likes this.
  6. deleted

deleted Visitor

7. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

Kerri and Orison like this.
  8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

This is what it all stems from:

From the article:
    What is the use of a researcher that cant remember her thought processes as a child, children arent capable of abstract thought, what an idiotic thing for someone to say in her position. As if this researcher and the article writer dont have their own implicit prejudices. What they really mean to say is children have yet to go full bullshit denial mode about themselves

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm pretty sure children are capable of abstract thought. I never got into mythology as a child because I didn't understand what I was reading. I got into it because it was wicked cool. I knew horses didn't come with 8 legs, but I understood Sleipnir did. Even down to the stories of the Minotaur and the labyrinth. These stories haunted me as a child and helped grow my character into what it is today.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

My child's favorite show up until recently was Little Einstein's, about 4 kids with no visible parental guidance at all, who ride around the world on a sentient rocket and learned about all kinds of abstract concepts along the way

I can literally think of dozens of shows and movies for kids that prove this article wrong. Most kids shows/books that I can think of dont feature an authority figure, actually . The writer of the article just cherry picked the two that do to make some completely pointless point

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    Irminsul likes this.
  11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

There was a book series I used to read when I was like 10, cant for the life of my remember the name, but it was about four friends pre teens, Jules was the main character, doing detective stuff, 3 guys one girl, they had a secret little cubbyhouse with secret tunnels in his backyard - anyhoo, one of the constant themes in everybook was basically all adults were idiots, which I found myself identifying with

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Right..I remember reading the Boxcar Kids as a kid and yeah it was kind of sad they were orphans, but living on a train with no adults around sounded really awesome

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My dad took me to see White Fang once at the movies. I remember for months that's all I really wanted. To live in the wood with a wolf friend. Well I guess I'm not too far off. :p

14. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Once upon a time, I was young and Beatles ruled world of music. When offered some tickets to watch them, I threatened to take a tub of insecticide with me and no one understood my reasoning. Instead I buried all my days in the operas of Wagner and look where that has landed me today.
    YES.!!!!! young people are vulnerable. :worried::worried::worried::worried::worried::worried:

15. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Dude I used to pretend I was a boxcar kid in my grandpa's wood shop because their adventures sounded so awesome. I almost forgot about that series, I loved those books!