Just wanted to introduce myself

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by TodayWasYesterday, May 14, 2007.

1. TodayWasYesterday

TodayWasYesterday Member

Hi everybody, I'm 18 years old (I accidentally typed the wrong birthdate when I was signing up for this forum, sorry!) and I've thought outside the box my whole life, but I've only just begun to become truly aware of the way I look at life, American society and the people living in it. For as long as I can remember, I have looked at America's capitalistic and materialistic way of life and thought "Geez! There's something really, really foolish about all of this...there's got to be a better way!" I know that many people in this country think along the same lines as I do, but I haven't been able to break into that pocket of society and I desperately want to. I feel like I need to be with people that think like me! I have a feeling that this time will come soon for me, as it will for many others, but when? If what I'm talking about is a counter-culture, when and how do I become part of it? How does one break on through? I've really been vibing off of what I've read in this forum so far, and I can't wait to delve deeper into this community. Thank you kindly for reading...
    :),
    TodayWasYesterday

2. BobbinBecca

BobbinBecca Member

Aren't there still drum circles in GG park on sundays?

:)

3. TodayWasYesterday

TodayWasYesterday Member

Yes, indeed there are. I don't know how good I would be at drumming, though hehe.

4. BobbinBecca

BobbinBecca Member

Well, take the plunge I say. Bring a drum or a sign that says "Ride to Rainbow?" or "East" or something, whatever you want, and see who approaches you. People are a bit shier these days, so it takes an icebreaker to open people up. But kind people want to open up to kind people, so I'm sure you'll make an IRL connection.

Is the Janis tree still there and can you still climb it?

5. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

you might want to get this moved to introductions

6. TodayWasYesterday

TodayWasYesterday Member

Yeah, the Janis tree is still there and yes, you can still climb it. I've had many a chill smoke session atop that tree : ). And as for Shaina's comment, I already did : P. Sorry for posting a comment where it doesn't belong .

7. BobbinBecca

BobbinBecca Member

lol shaina your sig says basically power corrupts and then you tell him his post maybe should go somewhere else. Cleanse thyself sister!! You need the power of a healing strike!! :whip:

omg I love these new smilies

now group hug everyone :grouphug:

Thanks for the news on the Janis tree we have been part of a chain of :spliff: in that tree -- I last did it in 1999.