just to hear that guy... you'd wanna quit

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by We_All_Shine_On, May 8, 2004.

1. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

But if you told the cop no he would wonder if your hiding someting

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Ofcourse... and there are also sadistic catholic priests.

Point being: Every profession can have sadists in it, it is just more publicly exposed in the Police. Which makes it all better, since they can be taken to court. You won't expect your mailman to rape you, but with a cop, you'll be attentive, careful, and will know your rights.

I agree, that they are "immoral" in a way, yet, they are "lawful". I support the legalization of all drugs strongly. But, you cannot criticize people that try to do thier job as much. The war on drugs should be stopped. Yet, while it's going on... there will be cops in your weed... deal with it.

3. ncsu123

ncsu123 Member

i just had civics and econ and i kno that cops cant search the trunk unless they have a worent or u let them, if the worent is for the car they can only look in the cab

4. dharmagrrl

dharmagrrl Member

If you tell the cop no, you are excercising your rights as an American citizen (can only speak for this country's laws) and even if he has a suspicion unless there is probable cause they can't do anything. and if they do they are violating search and seizure laws and that's grounds to have the whole thing thrown out of court. besides some lawyers will not take your case if you gave the cops permission to search your car, it's almost impossible to win.

5. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

Ha! You're comparing those cops to the nazis?

Let's see: two cops busting a yuppie for possession of drugs, ruthless Germans murdering babies and women. Hmm--I don't see the similarity.

plus the way you call it a PLANT. Dude, it's drugs. Just because it comes from nature doesn't make it safe. It's drugs, an unhealthy illegal substance.

BUT I do agree with your view on the drug war. Instead of busting drug dealers and buyers, bust the dealers and leave the users alone except control it and put some boundaries towards it.

If people want to put that crap in their body it's their business, but get the snakes who sell it.

6. AncillaryDrone

AncillaryDrone Member

I think the MJ laws are bunk (and there's cops that do, too!) but as long as the laws are on the books a cop cant ignore a GARBAGE BAG full of weed. Having a "cops are evil" outlook really doesnt help, not all cops think pot smokers are "evil" and will not harass you more than they have to. Times and attitudes are changing, believe it or not.

7. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

Yep. That's EXACTLY what I'm doing.

Both drug-warrior cops and the nazi camp guards are mindless drones who try to excuse their actions by claiming they are "only following orders". Although the magnitude of their immoral actions may be different, the underlying philosophy of sheeplike obedience to authority is exactly the same. As to BSR's claim that what the cops do is "lawful, if immoral", again, what the nazis did was "lawful", seeing as the nazis were the ones writing the laws at that time and place! :) And before you claim that cops are helping protect and strengthen society, tha Nazis thought that they were, as well.

Dude, it IS a fucking PLANT. It happens to contain a chemical that can be USED as a drug. The plant also has about a million and one NON-DRUG uses, which are being kept from widespread adoption because of the WoD.

Nothing (even pure oxygen) is 100% safe for all people at all times under all conditions of use. What's your point? Everybody is going to die from something. Life itself can be described as "a 100% fatal, sexually transmitted disease", afterall. :)

As drugs go, marijuana has a remarkable record of safety. Nobody has ever died of a marijuana overdose in 12,000 years of recorded use. Recreational marijuana use has less of a deleterious effect on health than alcohol, junk foods, and many prescription medicines. Shall we make all of those illegal, as well?

8. Budman420

Budman420 Member

i herd that cops werent allowed to search your trunk or your glove compartment

9. samr

samr Member

I believe that is true but if you think about it stashing your stuff in you glove compartment is not a good idea. In the event of you getting pulled over where do you keep your insurance card and registration and all that? I keep it in the glove so I would definitely not hide anything there. By the way, just so you all know, if a cop wants to search your car he/she will. It is whether or not the charges will be dropped in court that is the issue.

10. rory

rory Member

GOOD POST ELLIS D TRIP!

Just to back up the argument, there is no doubt that the nature of the police force encourages abuse of power and whilst there are of course examples of this in all walks of life, the police it would seem higher concentration of people of this mind-set within the police force.

I know a few people who's personality has changed since they joined the police.
    Their whole outlook on life and attitudes towards things has changed, and to see the arrogance flow from them is shocking.

Whilst there is undoubtedly many officers who do a lot of good and join for all the right reasons, it is the many corrupt, oppressive, often racist officers that give the good ones a bad rep.

Why do we keep wasting resources on housing people in jails for petty drug charges? People dealing heroin and mugging old ladies whilst two officers are killing time busting a 15 year old for possession of an eighth, its fucking crazy!

The only area on which I am in agreement with 'terminal madness' is that the pushers should be stopped, and the only way we can tolerate use and eradicate dealers is to legalise weed and make it available from licensed retailers.

And by the way TM, since when has something being unhealthy mean that it should be made illegal? Its a modern, unfair law that has no grounding.

By you logic McDonalds & Haagen Daazs should be illegal, but its unenforceable. Obese people cost countries billions upon billions of pounds every year, but they would never restrict eating because it would be socially unacceptable. So we need to get to the stage where use of weed is SO widespread that legalising is will be the only sensible option!!

11. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

IANAL, but my understanding is that they can search (without a warrant) any area of the vehicle that is visible "in plain sight" from outside the vehicle, and any area that the driver or passengers have immediate access to. This would include glove compartment, above visors, and underseat storage bins/etc.

Where they would need a warrant is for a search of a separate locked compartment (ie:the trunk)., or to start looking under the hood etc.

12. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

That's why I love Reno 911; can't get enough of that satire/comedy.

13. purcolekraze

purcolekraze Member

You wanted to stop pot because of that? LOL. That's guy was feeling a bit too lucky.