Just suppose...

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by earthmother, Mar 18, 2008.

1. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

I read something about this today having to do with something that was on the Keith Olberman show and it made me smile...

....Suppose that it is NOT really 2008 at all, but actually far, far in the future. Computers evolved so much over the years that there are now "games" which can be played using people's minds in such a way that the players become inside the game. Like the sims on steroids sort of. And suppose that WE are simply some of the characters in this computer game, without realizing it. We THINK it is 2008, and we wonder why things happen as they do in our world. It makes no sense. But really the reason it makes no sense is simply due to the players of the game causing all these things to happen... It is thought to be between 20 and 50% possibility that this is actually the case!!!! (no, I'm not making this stuff up)

It was theorized that if somehow we, as playing pieces so to speak, were to become aware or at least suspicious that this were the case, and HOLD UP SIGNS saying "the jig is up, we know what you are doing..." it is possible the game would be turned off.... So it's best to play along.....

2. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

20 - 50% possibility? yeah right. hahah

You're not making it up, but someone is.

It would be pretty freaky if that were the case. But how the hell do you come up with probability based on the unknowable.

3. Spiritawakening

Spiritawakening Member

20-50% possibility? where did you find that out?

4. earthmother

5. Siamese Sensei

Siamese Sensei Member

I can't say I'd subscribe to this idea. I have a strong grounding in reality and this isn't worth me thinking about with any seriousness.

6. earthmother

Hey, I didn't say I thought it was real! I just thought it was entertaining. This IS the Mind Fuck category after all...

7. sandal-man

sandal-man Member

just because we see something does not make it reality. a blind man at birth will go his whole life not knowing what our reality looks like. a deaf man will never know how our reality sounds. but if everyone was deaf then that would be reality. if everyone was blind that would also be reality. and if this was so and one man could hear and another could see the people that could not would not be able to grasp the concept. try explaining something to someone who has never experienced it and to them it will seem impossible or unreal. just because you havent experienced something does not mean that it doesnt exist. for all we know drugs may be the gateway to another reality and whose to say that that isnt as much of a reality as the one i see now. reality is what we percieve and if our mind percieves something different is that not also reality? there are many other things and beings in the universe that have created things that we can never percieve and that is their reality. maybe they have a plant on their planet that when smoked they see our world and others will call them crazy only because they have not also percieved that reality. but just because something is uncommon or uncommonly noticed or unnoticable does not mean that it is not reality.
    so really this hypothesis is quite possible

8. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

So,if we could just convince everyone in the world to look up,give the finger and holler fuck you--we're not playing any more,on a certain date,maybe we'd find out.It'd probably be giant children and they'd burn us up with a magnifying glass and move on to the next solar system.

9. i doser

i doser Member

its weird, i have actually spent time thinking and theorizing tht sht before...

10. sandal-man

sandal-man Member

itd be like on that twilight zone episode where the ppl r stuck in the little girls model and theyre the only 2 ppl there. except they control themselves and they hear the little (big) girl laughing.

11. vibra

vibra Member

The only thing that you can be sure exists is the experience of this moment. You may believe that the experience is created by your brain according to the signals from your senses, but there is no way to know. It may be created by something completely different or by nothing at all. You are what you experience now and that is all there is.

12. earthmother

The concept sure would explain a lot of things. Don't ever close your mind to the possibilities.