Just starting out

Discussion in 'Grow Room Pix and Journals' started by Marick23, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Marick23

Marick23 Member

Hey folks... First time grower long time smoker...

I will be using my upstairs spare bathroom to grow in I will post some pics of it... As of this moment. I have done nothing but research via the forums and some indoor grow books from the 70's. I think I have a pretty good understanding of the language. I would like some help step by step.

From what do I need to do to the grow room for maximum potency. Quality is my aim. To how to properly cure them after cutting.

As i've said I've been doing some forum search and this is forum seems to have the detailed information as well as cool people. I have $1,000 budgeted for this. I will post some pics late this afternoon.

2. klondike_bar

klondike_bar Senior Member

1000 is a good budget. that will allow you to create a great growroom, likely capable of several pounds a year.

id break it down like this:

600W HPS rig: 300$
    400W MH rig (or cfl rig): 100-250$
    seeds: 5-100$
    carbon filter: 150
    ducting/fans: 50-100$
    soil/nutrients: 60$
    containers, spray bottles, etc: 20$
    ph meters, humitity/temp meters, timers: 60$

total: 700-1100 depending on quality of various items.

i spent about 500$ on my cheaply crafted grow (most was cost of lighting), and am limited mainly by where i cheaped out. (filters mainly)

3. Marick23

Marick23 Member

Thank you for the reply I will start shopping around.. I have a few weeks (Waiting for income tax)

Should I do any kind of sterilization of the room before I start?
    After I have it sterilized should I use paint? vizqueen? Foil?

I plan on being as thorough as possible.

4. klondike_bar

klondike_bar Senior Member

if sterilizing, do it pre and post-painting. painting is ideal, mylar is second best and removabe.

to sterilize, i believe you want to use a dilute solution of hydrogen peroxide (h2o2) in a spraybottle, but you should double-check that first

5. RajahQar

RajahQar Member

I have been doing a bit of research myself with a friend, we both have looked through "Maijuana Buds for less, 8 oz of Bud for less than 100 Dollars" by SeeMoreBuds. Seems to have a lot of information that is useful to first timers and is a good starting point(I'd look up mistakes other growers have found with his work and read that to for a good intro after the book). It's a quick read in any case.