just friends

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by cotter builds, May 9, 2004.

1. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

well, this one gal and i, were pretty good friends....but then we both care a fair bit for each other and would want to be more than friends.....but both of us have the fear of ruining a grand friendship.....quite the predicament were in....anyone have any input as to what to do?

2. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

Well, if you don't go for it you could always regret it. I'd go for it but that is just what I would do. If your going in that direction why don't you try going out? Being just friends when you both like each other could also push you apart when the other goes for someone else.

3. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

When there is true love nothing can hurt.The best relationships start with being friends first.

4. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

if you both really love eachother, than do it.

getting along after you break up just depends on how you break up... and its horrible to not be with some you love, especially if they love you back.

5. happy

happy Member

I have an issue just like that. I have this guy friend who I've known since I was 4...and it's obvious that we both like eachother but neither of us will admit it. But now I'm starting to talk to this other guy in one of my classes since melvin(my guy friend) wont step up to the plate. so i say go for it.

6. grim_rebel

grim_rebel Member

Hey, i've just gone through the same thing and since we're the same age, i'm thinking i can probably relate pretty well... anyways, it's much too long a story to retell (go to, "my heart hurts" for the full synopsis), but i started off by having a crush on her while she liked this one guy, i told her my feelings, we started chillin as friends, got to know each other really well, she dumped the guy to be 'my friend', i thought this meant i was in 'friendship land' and would never get any, got over this fact and just wanted her to be happy and to be her friend, now we're friends and more. That simple, everything will flow... i went through hell and back though, i'll warn you. My heart and mind were fucked with, but our friendship is what saved us. The ability to talk to each other sincerely was what allowed me to pour my feelings and sentiment upon her, and when we hugged for an hour after everything was over (even when it wasn't QUITE), the emotion was beyond explanation... i just wish you the best, you shouldn't ask us for advice, just let things flow... oh, and the only advice i'd ever give is look into her eyes, trust me, inside you will find your answer.

7. user__friendly

user__friendly Member

I have been there in the past, and I am there now. The first relationship did not work out, and we lost touch since [though that is more his choice, because of a lot of reasons]. The relationship I am in now {17 months and going strong!} started out as us being friends and just getting to know each other. When we took it to the next level, our relationship did as well. He is now my lover, and my best friend.

If the two of you care for each other as much as you say you do, I'd say go for it. If it doesn't work out, you still have the friendship. If it does work out, you've gained that much more. You'll never know until you try.

Good luck! :) <3
    -Eryn