just found out i am pregnant.

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by saltydog., Jun 15, 2006.

1. saltydog.

saltydog. Member

hi. i haven't posted on this side of the hipforums before, but i suppose maybe its time. this morning when i woke up i took a pregnancy test and it was positive, very faint line, but still a second line. then i went to planned parenthood and they confirmed it.

my situation isn't the most desired. but it could be worse. besides all of that i find that i am ecstatic! i didn't think i would feel so happy about it. i mean, i am still in shock, but i know its going to be ok.

just a few minutes ago i decided to look at one of those websites that has the week by week info and pictures, holy crap i just started bawling! i am only 3.5 weeks but man the hormones are raging!

anyways, i don't have a lot of people i can tell right now, but i really wanted to share my news. ;)

2. jgirl

jgirl Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Congratulations!! It will change your life, but is so worth it!!

3. Critter1223

Critter1223 Member

Congratulations!! I hope you enjoy being pregnant as much as I did!! It is so exciting~:)

4. colorfulhippie

colorfulhippie Member

Congrats! Lot's of stuff hapening in your body right now. Have fun!

5. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

congrats! i'm sure you'll be a great mama!

6. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

congrats, my boy turtle (well actually his wife) just had a 9lb boy, 21 inches, tonight. they named him gunner.
    I hope your child brings as much joy as gunner already has.

7. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

8. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

OoO ((((((baby love))))))
    Congratulations! :D

9. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

10. saltydog.

saltydog. Member

thanks everyone! its so weird. i feel like i am in an alternate universe! im still in a state of shock. but i guess i kind of knew already, i started having symptoms three days after conception!

i keep having these moments where im like holy shit! ahhhh! i can't believe im gonna be somebodies mama! haha. :)

11. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

congrats and good luck. :)

12. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Well congratulations to you! Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months!

{{{Hugs}}}

13. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Congrats!!!!
    I felt like that for most of my pregnancies. Call it "mommy brain." There is some evidence that your brain REALLY is rewiring to deal with the challenges of motherhood. That's one of the reasons you feel so spacy. Perfectly normal.

14. saltydog.

saltydog. Member

thanks for all the kind wishes!

yeah not only am i super spacey but i have been running into things too! very clumsy! usually right before i get my period i am slightly clumsy but this is ridiculous!

and i have been reading a bunch of posts that you all have written and i feel like i am learning so much! so i hope you don't mind but i will probably be picking your brains alot in the next 9 months plus!

15. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

lol, welcome to baby baking time!
    Through out my whole pregnancy, I would get this moment where I'd freeze up and get butterflies in my stomach and get REALLY nervous thinking, "wow, I'm gonna be someone's mama.......shit....." lol, then I'd snap outta it. Funny enough, it's not as scary once babes arrives...everything changes, but once your babes it here for a few weeks, you start to settle into it........ but also by the third trimester of the pregnancy, you're going to be thinking, "ok, can we just be done with this already?" lol!
    I loved being pregnant, though! I really hope that you enjoy it and have a great 9 months!!!!

16. Tamee

Tamee naked

congratulations! it's the best thing that could happen to you. remember to enjoy and appreciate it

17. stephaniesomewhere

stephaniesomewhere Member

congratulations!!
    *breaks out the champagne then passes you an OJ!*
    cheers!!
    :p

18. FlutterOnBy

FlutterOnBy Member

Congratulations this is the trip of a lifetime and the first nine months and the calm before the storm but what a blessing and a joy to have conceived. A million congratulations to you. I wish you warmth, happiness, and a calming sense of peace on the nine months ahead of you and the many many years afterwards!

Love ya
    Flutter

19. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

Congratulations!! Babies are a blessing :)