Just curious....

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by piscessunlibramoon19, Aug 20, 2005.

1. piscessunlibramoon19

piscessunlibramoon19 Member

My husband is hoping to one day start a community which would be open to anyone as long as they live out what they say they believe and don't try to preach to everyone and try to get everyone to change their beliefs or whatever else.

I know many of you members probably live in a commune or a similar environment, and I'm sure there are many of you who would like to. So, please contact me at smurfette_chick_99@yahoo.com and let me know of any ideas you may have about a community you would like to be part of or are a part of, the advantages and disadvantages. Here are a few questions about the ideal living situation:

What are your religious/spiritual beliefs? Would you oppose to living near someone of different, even opposite, beliefs?

What are your political/legal views? What is legal today that should be illegal? What is illegal that should be legal?

Clothing: Optional, necessary, or depends on where you are and who is going to be there?

Schooling: Do you agree or disagree with what is or isn't being taught in schools? Should children be forced to take a class that they are not interested in or simply cannot understand?

Any other ideas or issues, please contact me. This is very important to us and we would really like to start something similar to what our forefathers had in mind, minus the whole "one nation under God" thing because not everyone believes we are ruled by a god of any kind. And we call ourselves "United" because there will always be disagreements and we believe in individuality.

Anyway, hopefully you can give me any ideas and if you don't think it will work out (despite the fact that we would have plenty of land and finances to start it), just tell me all your opinions and whatever else. Thanks everyone!

2. cymru_jules

cymru_jules Member

Why do you want personal e-mails sent to thee? A lot of the questions would be of benefit to this forum, and if you want to then take it private you can always use the PM function.

I couldn't resist answering your post anyway... ;)

Spiritual / Religious Beliefs

Personally - not at all bothered... each to their own provided they don't try to influence somebody else into their way of thinking. By contrast, many communes of course are founded on the principle of a particulary spiritual following.

Political Views

Personally - not overly fussed, like religion peeps can have their own views and that's that. However, if there is something I have learned it's that discussing politics is a good way to fall out with somebody or create division in a group! Therefore, I would tend to discourage talking about politics at all... in any event my commune and others are based on getting away from mainstream society so I don't see any point of discussing politics in this respect!

Clothing

Clothing - in contrast to my fairly liberal opinions on the previous topics, I tend to think clothing should be practical according to the surrounding environment. I tend to think towards having a shared dress code too, almost bordering on a uniform - though nothing strict as such. The idea here is to represent being that of a team. The community would decide on what we should all wear. Many communes have something that bonds them together as one such as some of the topics already mentioned, this is absent in my vision - and so it's little things like clothing that make up for this. :)

Just some random thoughts, and not necessarily firm opinions - thanks for the opportunity to express my thoughts!

3. piscessunlibramoon19

piscessunlibramoon19 Member

Thanks for the reply. I want the answers e-mailed mostly because I always forget to check this site for any replies to my posts! Yeah my brain doesn't work well anymore, sadly, and i'm only 22! Well I am more of a deep thinker so I'm always busy thinking about what should be changed in this world or just in my life or my family and don't think much about little things like checking messages! I respect your opinions but with politics I want a specific viewpoint of everyone about what is legal that shouldn't be, what is illegal that shouldn't be, stuff like that. Then the rules of the community would be a little easier to establish. I mean of course to each his own but there are a few things that HAVE to be agreed on by the majority otherwise it would mess up like our country has! Well i need a nap, it's 6 am and i haven't slept in almost 24 hours and I have to go to the doctor in 2 1/2 hours! More on this later. But yeah if people wanna respond here instead of e-mail that's fine too.... doesn't really matter to me