Just Can't Heal?

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by dixie_pixy, Jun 3, 2007.

1. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

is it possible that some people just can not handle piercings? I've had bunches but none of them ever heal compltely and I have to take them out. Even my basic ear piercings (lobe) when I was little took 3 tries before they would even consider getting better. I had my tragus for about 7 months and took it out last night. It got so swollen and disgusting! I'll try and put it back in this afternoon... I hope it works. If not I'm going to the piercer tomorrow to get him/her to fix it! It hurt so bad because swelling was causing the ring to be pushed into the skin. Any idea how or why this happened?

2. _orgazmik_

_orgazmik_ o_O

My body rejects every piercing that I get.. I've had my lip twice, nose, brow (twice), and ears more than I can remember.. I ended up taking them out.. I'm starting to realize my body is meant more for tats than piercings.. The funny thing is that I keep piercing it anyway.. I love them so much that I'll spend the money to wear it for however long I can.

3. dances in pajamas

dances in pajamas strange little girl

I have a friend whose ears just bled until she finally took out her earrings. She's kinda scared to get anything else because of it, and it's not that she has hemophilia or anything. Anyway... some people's bodies just don't like piercings.

4. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

Piercings can be a pain in the ass to heal. I've had my ear lobes, nostril, nipples, and tongue pierced. I only have my nose and ears left because of problematic healing, so I can relate.

Some thoughts: Make sure you're using high quality surgical stainless steel, pure gold, or titanium jewelery. Allergies to other metals are common. Make sure you aren't using something that irritates the piercing; sea salt soaks and an occasional mild dial soap washing are all that is needed. Finally, avoid touching your piercings unless your hands are clean and you need to.

To be honest, you, like me, could just have a hell of a time with piercings. I really like them, but they are such a hassle sometimes.

Good luck,

5. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

im mostly the same, i take forever to heal piercings, sometimes its impossible. and every piercing i get ends up with bumps on it which i have to cure before it will heal properly. the only trouble free piercing ive ever had is my lobes, i can pierce them and never clean them and they heal right up in a few weeks.j i think every body is just different, some people have a better time of healing foreign objects into their skin :)
    i agree with ahimsa about ruling out the possiblility of a metal allergy. no reputable piercer will use anyting but implant grade surgical steel.

6. Barbuchon

Barbuchon Member

I guess piercings aren't for anyone. My skin is one of the best for tattooing, but for piercings, forget it man, it's never gonna happen. My body just don't want 'em. Got few of 'em, never healed even with motherfuckin' good care.

7. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

Some people can't handle them because of their immune systems. They see this as an invader and attack it as though you have a bacterical or viral infection. For the most part, most people who can't keep pericings just have a really good immune system.
    Trying different kinds of metal (surgical steel is the best) may help, and making sure that you keep it incredibly clean may help.

8. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Yeah, I always get swollen red oozy bloody bumps on my piercings. Right after than they swell until I feel like the ring is gonna get stuck! Right now I've got my bellybutton going for the 2nd time. I swear though, after this I'm not getting any more piercings unless it's like on my ears!

9. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

oh, and about the jewlery, another thing I forgot to metion...buy jewlery with longer posts to eliminate some of the pressure. When something is initially pierced, the pericer should always use jewlery with a longer post to allow for the swelling to go down. The extra pressure can just increase the pain and the swelling of the infection.

10. ItzJessI3itch

ItzJessI3itch Banned

I have problems with my body rejecting a couple of my pericings, but if it's that bad I would definately leave it alone, the last thing you need is a serious infection or something.

Talking stuff out and putting it back in isn't good for you either... if you take them out leave them out, if they get infected try to at least get rid of the infection, you never want to take out an infected peircing or it could get worse. Next time talk to your peircer before you make desicions like taking out jewelery and stuff though.