Just bought land in eastern TX near Livingston

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by Gyva02, May 26, 2006.

1. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

Hey anybody near here, I plan on building a home here in the near future, My lot is about 15 miles east of town just feet away from the Big Thicket national forest... (and it doesnt get cold YES!) Very pretty area IMO from the pics I've seen of it...

Hey Texas folk.... Howdy :)

Mike...

2. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

So are ya gonna jump on the Texas Rainbow chat group & keep us updated on what's up in east TX? Us TX folks need to get some communication going on across the state.......

hey, did you see the latest issue of Mother Earth News? there's instructions on building a cozy cabin for $4000 or less.

3. free2fly

free2fly Members

congratulations! :)

4. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

post me a link to that cabin info i you can hippiestead, sounds awesome.... Thx free...

Also where are you guys chatting at?

Mike...

5. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

http://groups.google.com/group/Texas-Rainbow-chat-group

It's not a high action group, but it's a good way to check up on events & see what's happening with other TX folks. Swan & Woodstock post pretty regular & they are looking for a place in central TX. As soon as their scene comes together, it'll bring some decent TX networking; they plan on hosting some festivals & other events. we usually post info on Austin events.

6. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

The Big Thicket is a National Forest? When did that happen?

7. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

oops my bad if its not..... wandering...

Mike...

8. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

Ya just did some reading and see every site is calling it "Big Thicket National Preserve" So whats the difference between a national preserve and a national forest?

Mike...

9. merlinclark

merlinclark Member

right on. congratulaions! are u the one that suggested ebay to me for buying land? i'm trying t find a few acres of woods too. why did u choose east texas? how much is land in that area? any land buying advice?

10. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

well I chose it becase the winters are very mild they average high in the coldest part of the year is 50 degrees (not the upper 20's like here). And also because the lot was wooded and near woods. Some other perks is that its about 20 mins away form the 2nd biggest lake in texas with over 400 miles of shore line!!!! there is more land for sale in this area. And yes I bought through Ebay as they will finance with no intrest over a 3 year period. Check it out if your interested go to ebay/real estate/land and look!!! hope you find what you are looking for...

Mike...

11. free2fly

free2fly Members

wow, I didnt know they did that. that sounds awesome. Do they require large down payment or excellent credit?

12. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

I won the auction for a $25 down payment and $150 processing fee, after that my payments are $110 for 3 years... not to big though only 1/2 acre but thats bigger than what I'm sitting on right here, I called their office first and everythings legit, they have plenty of good feedback score. heres their web addy, www.nationwidelandsales.com

oh no credit required, if you default on your payments you just lose all your money... so dont miss em lol.... no penatly for early pay off...

buy land be free! :)
    Mike...

13. free2fly

free2fly Members

hey, thats really cool... thanks for the info!

14. sage

sage Member

hey man I live in Tomball and I believe it's not far from you. If you need any help let me know. peace

15. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Does your new place have a well or is water service already hooked up? Are you going to have to do sewer/septic & get electric on the land?

we got soooo lucky with our place, $2500 per 100x300 ft lot & we have 2 lots so the hippiestead is a little over an acre. The water is a community well that everyone pitches in $15 a month to keep the well running (goes in the bank for repairs & the pump house electric bill) we even have a septic tank (tho we use a composting toliet & really don't need a septic). All we really had to do was build an electric loop & have the 'juice' turned on....

16. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

Ya, my lot has city water, electric and sewer already present so all I got to do is hook em up... thats probably the reason why I paid a little extra, around here throwing in a well is about $20,000 since we got to drill so far down about 600 feet and a septic around here is around $10,000 so I figure I made out good not having to go those routes, although I didnt check what the prices were down there to have this done. Either way I'm happy :)

Mike...

17. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

half acre lot with city water an sewer..

why on earth would ya want to be in a subdivision?

18. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

kinda would depend on the subdivision wouldn't HHB? Our neighborhood is considered a subdivision but it's really just a little neighborhood in the middle of nowhere....our neighbors are cool & with the well, no one is paying those high water bills....wouldn't want city water or sewer, some of the folks down the road have 'city' water tho

19. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

warm and wooded... Its pretty much on its own about 15 miles outta town, but ya I have no problem being next to folks, sometimes its nice when you need the help. But as of right now I dont think much developing will be going on. all the pictures I've seen show a bunch of empty nothing. just looks like forest...

Mike...

20. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

yeah,, but he got this lot off ebay..

im sure yall went an checked the place out, met the folks there etc before ya moved on yer lot..

he got this off e bay an said "the pictures look real pretty"..

i ,, well i would never buy a lot period..

but even buyin acerage,, id go check out the neighbors an the area before i singed the papers..

that would be like having a national ,, well buy lookin at pics of a area an a topo map....

luv n light,,..