Just a reminder,,the 1ST annual "Hip Forums Family Gathering" is only 7 weeks away...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by hippiehillbilly, May 19, 2004.

1. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

ohhhh brave,,,,,,,, well even if yer spep dad is a whatever he is,,,, we can behave iffin they would let ya come up for a few days or a visit or whatever..... wait,, i always behave what am i talkin bout,, altho i do cuss a bit,,, altho usually in spanish but that wouldnt help me with you ,,,, i can prolly learn me a few more german cuss words tho in that amount of time:D

but honestly would love to have you when ever if yer travellin round the states....

2. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

Come on, you guys, we live all the way up in Connecticut and we are going on a 24 hour bus ride to go! I guess HHB, Dilli, Bob and me will have to eat a whole pig, then.
    I am really looking foward to going. I've been committed to this for months now. Anyone else coming?
    The people in the UK are so lucky; their country is so much smaller that they all get to meet regularly. This country is too frigging big!
    I certainly hope more folks are still coming. HHB and them are gonna get awful tired of looking at just me all week. Plus I want to meet more of you, dammit!

3. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Ma, if I didn't have to spend all summer in school, I'd go, no questions asked! That's why you guys have to do this next year, too! Please? Because I promise you, next year not only will I go, but I'll drag honeyhanna, beachbum7, and a bunch of other folks with me. :)

4. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

nahhhhhh angel momma would never get tired of lookin at you

and besides iffin we get sick of each other we can all just seperate our three or four tents over the fifteen acres....:p and make it a good long hike to get ot where we wanna go,,,, n in july n the heat,,, well we would just all sit like bumps enjoyin the peace n quiet.....

waithhb would make his rounds i am sure soooo,,,, would lose a bit of that piece n quiet ,,,, but i know secrets to pissum off n gettum to git outta yer hair ;)

5. angelgodiva

We'll have to go on a wild food walk and a mushroom hunt...that'll be fun. Plus I get to see your trailer, of which I am so jealous!

6. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

yes we do plan on makin it a yearly thing!!! when i was a yankee,,,, before i became a damned yankee n finally yesterday an official georgia citizen i had a yearly pig boil (all net folks),,, after three years tho we decided to move it around and since my three yearsit has gone to minnesota, missouri, sydney australia, new zealand n this year in cairns aust...

n yes angelmomma definitely go for a food hike n shroom hunt n such,,, oh n to the pig hill of fame,,,,:D

and of course my mansion on wheels,,, lol dont be jealous of it lol,,,, making me work all the more to pay the damned thing off ..... n to think i worked enuf before lol,,, butttttttttttt definitely is worth it lol,,,,,

7. angelgodiva

The pig hall of fame, huh? Holy cow, all you other people, how the heck can you stand to miss out on that? You all GOTTA come!

Well, we' wouldn't miss it for the world...the pig hall of fame--whoo dogies!

8. FireQuint

FireQuint Member

Oh no you don't

9. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

How far are you from Greenville/Spartanburg, SC?

10. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

as a crow flies, not far at all,,, but cuz of the mtns,,,, bout 3 hrs drivin:)

11. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Hmm...

Now I'm thinking about going. Honey and I are in-limbo about it. But we're discussing the possibility!

12. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

Well, unfortunately, I can't come this year (for obvious reasons), but if there's a gathering next year, I will definitely do my darnest to get there - if everything goes right, I'm thinking about leaving Japan (and least, quitting my company) and doing some traveling. I don't where I'd be doing some traveling, but if there's a gathering next year, and I will try my best to get there :)

13. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

I have to come. I promised Dilli a good cigar instead of those swishers she usually has.

14. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

WOOOOO HOOO,,Now we have a whole 2 people officially comin,,,maybee they will at least bring there familys,,so it will seem like more from here....:p

15. Crush

Crush Member

:eek: I want to come too
    Problem: I live in the netherlands :(
    No change of arranging such a thing in europe? :rolleyes:

16. angelgodiva

Check out the UK forum--they have regular gatherings there several times a year that you may be able to get to. Or maybe you could arrange something with Arjan (bird_migration).

17. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Crush, ik woon ook in Nederland.
    We kunnen wel iets organiseren, als we allebei meedoen hebben we al twee personen.

18. Crush

Crush Member

anglegodiva: I shall check out the UK forum, there's might be some intresting stuff, thanx!

Bird_migration: Dat is wel een goed idee, ik ben al wel meer mensen op het Nederlandse forum tegen gekomen die ook al wel zoiets in gedachten hadden. Ik weet zeker dat ik ook wel een paar vrienden kan ovehalen. We moeten maar eens kijken dan. :)

19. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

i guess i'm too young to go without a chaperone too...:(

too bad...but have fun!!

20. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

directions...

we are in central north Ga, gilmer county,,, find a map and get to ellijay or chatsworth:p

you will be coming into the kudzu patch off of Ga state route 52

from ellijay

From ellijay you will take 52 west about 5 miles out of town (at approximately 3 miles you will see new hope grocery on the right) pass mile marker 8 Gates Chapel road will be on the right. turn onto gates chapel and go about a mile to mile and a half, you will pass pickett mill subdivision on the left and then dover falls on the right, Zion hill road is on the right directly after dover falls subdiv.. follow Zion hill for about a mile or there abouts, ,, on the right hand side will be douglas mountain trail,,,,(dirt road) follow the main trail up to the left will be paved drive but contnue on up the hill to top,,, where the nasty sign sayin no trespassin , no turn around, no parking etc, veer to the left and go thru the gates and continue following this path (errrrrr trail) on up to the homestead ...

Again from chatsworth you will be coming in on Ga state route 52 east... continue east on 52 for approx 15 miles. pass mile marker 9 and sumners grading and hauling on left... Gates chapel road is on the left just before mile marker 8.... (iffin ya go too far,,,, new hope grocery will be on yer left, turn yer butt around n back track then follow directions from ellijay),,,, turn onto gates chapel .. and go about a mile to mile and a half, you will pass pickett mill subdivision on the left and then dover falls on the right, Zion hill road is on the right directly after dover falls subdiv.. follow Zion hill for about a mile or there abouts, ,, on the right hand side will be douglas mountain trail,,,,(dirt road) follow the main trail up to the left will be paved drive but contnue on up the hill to top,,, where the nasty sign sayin no trespassin , no turn around, no parking etc, veer to the left and go thru the gates and continue following this path (errrrrr trail) on up to the homestead ... hope to see yas here....

Rsvps would be appreciated but not required:)