Jussie Smollett and the maga hat hoax

Discussion in 'People' started by deleted, Feb 14, 2019.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

'Tis true. The media will often take unimportant stories and celebrity gossip to try and mask up real corruption when it's taking place. News is big business.

2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

It doesn't matter they reported the facts have changed. There are still plenty out there who still believe that Smollet is the real victim. Plenty more continue to believe Nick Sandmann harassed Phillips despite the contrary evidence. The cat is out of the bag.

A lie can travel twice around the world before the truth wakes up and puts its pants on.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

Irminsul likes this.
  4. I do feel sorry for that poor kid. He was obviously a fish out of water. I even saw in an interview that he'd prefer to speak to the Native American man, whoever he was. It was evident to me from seeing the video that it was a personal thing between him and that man that no one else can quite grasp. It wasn't anything that people made it out to be.

5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

7. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

hey kids who dot trust the media...they dont send the same dudes to cover trump that they send to cover jussi smollets.....they can actually report on both people at the same time with seperate reporters....y'all talk like their is one reporter out there only?

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Well, Trump's another symptom of a press thats more about ratings than in depth investigative journalism. I actually think the media had a large hand in getting him elected by giving him 24/7 round the clock publicity during the election season. And that coverage continues to this day, I assume there are other things happening in the world besides Trump but you would never know from watching network news

9. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

they rarely mention him here :)

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

In all seriousness: you can't dismiss 'the media' as a whole because of some bad or even plain dubious reporting by certain newspapers and tv channels. That is simply but adequately put: retarded.

Sometimes it almost seems certain folks have an agenda when they insist mainstream media is as a whole not to be trusted, and back up their own arguments with obviously biased and misleading internet media. Like, even if no mainstream media in your country can't be trusted at all (which i doubt. Of course nothing should be trusted blindly in the first place) there's still other media and news that isn’t subject to your national shit.
    But stating it can't be trusted period while taking notice of and sharing at least as biased and untrustworthy news sources from the interwebs takes the fucking cake imo

rollingalong and Lynnbrown like this.
  11. deleted

deleted Visitor

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

obviously there's going to be some reporters out there who report nothing but the straight facts. i haven't encountered them, but then i don't pay much attention to the news either. but you sure as hell can't trust "the media" as a whole, just like you can't distrust "the media" as a whole.

13. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

You don't think he has a PR firm working for him? His story is gold for the right. I would not be surprised if they are funding this firm. The key now is to make him look as innocent as possible. He would be advised by the firm to speak with the man even if he does not want to.

Nice if I am wrong but I'm not.

14. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

If it were a Bernie or Hillary hat would this be happening?

15. unfocusedanakin

A business has the right to refuse service to anyone. This is the logic used to say you can refuse to serve gay people. Gay is not a choice so it's protected like race and this does not apply. Yet the same right wing people who like the hat use it wrongly.

It is a decision to wear that hat and it's become a symbol of racism to many people. I know the people who wear the hats do not agree but to others it's the same as a Klan hood or swastika. The person is making a statement about their feelings on the white race and other races. One is "great" the other is not welcome.

Pretty sure you can not wear a Swastika in Applebee's. The manager will tell you to leave. I have been asked to leave a store before due to my dress. It was not racist it was very sexual in my case but the same idea that the business does not want it there.

16. What I think is that he has a nice, Christian upbringing and awkwardly tried to represent that when the Native American got too close for comfort. I don't think the Native was being disrespectful, either. I just think the kid was a fish out of water, and wasn't sure how to react. What is perceived as a smirk, I perceive as a kid who doesn't know his place in the situation, but just wants to look cool. You can see in his eyes that at times he feels a bond with the other man. And I think the Native American was deliberately trying to create this bond. I don't think the whole thing was as hostile as others see it, at least not from their perspectives.

17. unfocusedanakin

The kid understood what he was doing. He went to a place in a red hat where he knew red hats are not liked. He got people upset and gets to say "it's just free speech". Indeed it is but he's not innocent. He was seeking conflict. Since he got it his type can go on about the "tolerance left" said in a derogatory way while the ignore the literal Nazis in their ranks.

He's a young man and I hope he learns but I doubt he will. He is still human though.

Same idea as me going to a NRA rally and wearing anti-gun slogans. It's legal but people will be upset since I challenge their views.

18. You give kids too much credit. Maybe they had some scheme to all wear MAGA hats and be tough guys, but they had no idea what would happen, and when it did happen, the confrontation wasn't like anything they could have imagined. Especially for the young man in question.

WritersPanic likes this.
  19. unfocusedanakin

Some see innocence in his famous smirk. Like the kind of expression when the situation is just akwerd. I see contempt. The face of a boy who is getting everything he wants from someone he hates at that moment.

20. Jesus...lol

WritersPanic likes this.