Jussie Smollett and the maga hat hoax

Discussion in 'People' started by deleted, Feb 14, 2019.

1. So then, it would seem that some kinds of prejudice and bigotry IS actually "good". Out of millions of people, when a few of them act like fools, blame the entire bunch. That's really incredible. Especially using politics as the litmus test. Is there a purpose to this sort of divisiveness? Or could it be by design that we are so polarized? Sure makes life easy when you have only 1 decision to make.

Bulgakov likes this.
  2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The sort of bigotry you talk about refers more to race and religion right? IE it's OK for white Christians to separate from Islam or black people. I mean since statistically black people are arrested more by police and ISIS is a thing. So it's OK for us to be safe and not deal with violence.

I kind of see your point but with MAGA Trump people it's not racial or religious it's a personal poor choice in life like car theft is a poor choice. I don't want to live next to someone who will steal or blow up my things. That is the kind of danger I separate myself from. A Muslims will separate himself from another Muslims who commits terror or one who steals.

MAGA as a whole is a community and they stand against any outsider. We outsiders don't want to live next to people who are openly racist. As Trump voters are happy to point out people who are not white did vote for him. It's not a anti-white statement.

Many Trump voters seem to feel that society is against them being white and straight. This leads to them isolating themselves further. Like they work so hard to say they need their own space it excludes everyone else because it's so exclusively racist white men who have the wrong ideas.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

There are a whole bunch of gay and black Trump supporters.. to even think there isn't is idiotic.

4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I'm wondering if this is a hate crime. Hayden Williams, a right wing political activist, was on the UC Berkeley campus when he was punched in the face. The attacker apparently took offense at a sign that read "hate crime hoaxes hurt real victims."

“This person claimed we were promoting violence on campus and proceeded to take his aggression out on us,” said Williams

“These two people just approached our table … very erratically and started cussing at us” he added.

The incident was caught on video and clearly shows the assailant punching the victim.

Conservative activist speaks out after attack at UC Berkeley

But left wingers hate talking about this sort of thing because it doesn't fit into their worldview.

5. What happens in such a case? According to some, a MAGA hat is the same as klan robes and indicate pure racism. Trite, but true. It's also very conflicted. First of all, if a black man wears a MAGA hat, you can't call him a racist. And if you call him Uncle something or other (because you didn't finish the book) you somehow get a pass that would otherwise have death threats on your twatter account.

I'm beginning to think that the various facets of the hard left don't have their coordinated shit together. So some of them turn into droning beacons, spreading the same shit with no hint of a discussion.

6. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

If Jussie wanted to be a victim of a real hate crime. All he needed to do was put on a MAGA hat and walk through the campus of UC Berkeley

tumbling.dice likes this.
  7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

8. 6-eyed shaman likes this.
  9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

You should point that out to TMZ. Seriously.

10. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

11. r0llinstoned likes this.
  12. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

If you still have trust in the media after the Way they handled the Jussie Smollet incident, there is no hope for you.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont trust the media simply because they spend days covering completely unimportant events like the Jussie Smollet incident, while practically ignoring events happening around the world that are actually important and have relevance

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Going by this logic I assume you no longer inform yourself via alt right blogs and social media sources?

eggsprog and Meliai like this.
  15. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

why?..the edia dont guess...they report facts as they roll in..they reported the facts changed...explain?

Libbygrable87 and Lynnbrown like this.
  16. Libbygrable87

Libbygrable87 Members

I just found out about and was shocked about this bit of news. I am not a fan of Trump but this took it way to far.

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

if you still had trust in the media leading up to the jussie smollet incident, there is no hope for you.

6-eyed shaman and Libbygrable87 like this.
  18. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]
    I knew it all along..

WritersPanic and rollingalong like this.
  19. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

i'm s far left and liberal as they get and even I know this had nothing to do with trump and everything to do with criminality and cowardice on smollets part....the maga chant didnt truly reflect anything other than a colorful imagination :)

20. Libbygrable87

Libbygrable87 Members

I never trust the media ever!