Jussie Smollett and the maga hat hoax

Discussion in 'People' started by deleted, Feb 14, 2019.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

No people will believe them and I think that is what bothers you. You are afraid the "pc culture" will not go away. You hope something like this will discredit it but as I said the base elements are there. People see racism and hate coming from people who support Trump. So if one wants to lie they can.

You would not be so upset if you liked the results. He suffered no consequences. He won't act again I guess but your ilk wanted him to do time for filing a false report. There is "out rage culture" since he has not.

2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

5. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Why would people believe them after Smollett just shined a HUGE spotlight on the fact that fake hate crimes happen regularly? Seems to me that the next time someone comes rushing to the police station saying that they were attacked by thugs wearing Trump attire, more people are going to be suspicious on whether or not this is the truth. This means the next time a real hate crime occurs, the police and the public are going to take it a lot less seriously.

This is a lose-lose situation for EVERYONE. Even your side.

Not really, it's just driving sensible and peaceful minded people away from soycalist causes.

Orison likes this.
  6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

what? haven't seen this term.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

hotwater likes this.
  8. deleted

deleted Visitor

9. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

What exactly is the double standard here? Rosanne was fired from her show and essentially outcast from society for being shitty, and the same thing has happened to this guy (plus he lost his $10,000 bond).

To your other point about people taking future hate crimes less seriously, do you think that people took the massacre in New Zealand less seriously because of this?

10. quark

quark Parts Unknown

I was gonna send him to meet Anthony Bourdain, but the brothas took the credit.

11. I find the Chicago police department's response to his charges being dropped to be the most humorous aspect of this whole affair. It was they who decided, on a whim, to expend a fantastic array of resources to hunt those evil white MAGA bastards down, get them arrested, then feed them to the sodomite gangs in prison. They were salivating, chomping at the bit over this. Anyone who expressed doubt at the story was shouted down.

Once the hoax was revealed, the police started bitching about the cost, to them. When it was a series of costs that THEY, the cops, initiated. And I suspect for largely racial reasons and a smattering of political shit as well. The press was equally disgusting, SO sure it was a genuine story, then hanging their heads low when the hoax was revealed. Only to shout with joy that Jussie was "vindicated" when the charges were dropped (in some very obvious game rigging).

Who really thinks this nut case is "innocent"? And who thinks the Obamas had a hand in this?

12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

now they want money. that amused me a little bit.

13. Yea, I guess $10K was just not enough. I still say they should have thought it out more before mobilizing a massive dragnet (which was oddly successful at catching 2 Nigerian fellas).

soulcompromise likes this.
  14. deleted

deleted Visitor

hotwater likes this.
  15. deleted

deleted Visitor

TV One on Twitter
    Comedian Chris Rock used the NAACP Image Awards to roast “Empire” actor and hate crime hoaxer Jussie Smollett.

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

for non-twitter users.

WritersPanic likes this.
  17. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

All that was needed for their to be doubt is his lie. Even if it's true the spectacle on the event will make people doubt. This doubt will not come from anyone new either. As I said people made up their mind quickly. Those like me who support race relations will believe the next guy because of the world we live in.

What does a criminal charge gain? Vindication for people who don't like him. As of now they have everything else. They sought for him to lie and he did. All that is left is a feeling that he was not punished enough.

18. mcme

mcme lurker

His punishment should also deter the next dummy who wants to cry wolf, not encourage them.

WritersPanic likes this.
  19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Wasting the Chicago PD's time and energy that could've been spent solving murders that happen to black people in that city quite regularly. That's why faking a police report is a serious crime in of itself.

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I don't think most people who don't immediately believe the next guy or even are inclined to think otherwise are also against race relations, like completely not supporting them. That's quite something different than having a discriminary conviction on other races/ethnicities (which im sure SOME of those who don't believe the next guy, have).