Joking around at work

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Gone and forgotten, Mar 14, 2019.

1. It is great to have a light atmosphere at work. I am on a painting crew with two guys and they’re like Beavis & Butthead. All day they just giggle at each other. Say yeah buddy and yeah man all day. Over and over hilarious.

RainyDayHype and Irminsul like this.
  2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

As long as the quality of work is good, having a light hearted atmosphere is fine and makes the time pass quicker.
    It is not as funny when the jokes are about painting the rooms the wrong color, or spilling a can of paint on the carpet.

Rahab likes this.
  3. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I'm very light hearted at work. Can't say that's been true of every job I've had. I feel lucky. Definitely if you can have fun at work you are lucky.

Rahab likes this.
  4. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

our place is like a nut house !

Rahab likes this.
  5. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

Its great to work with folks who know how to enjoy themselves. The right work environment makes the day go by quicker. I've been fortunate enough to have had (and currently have) a job where I actually look forward to going to work. When I have had to work from home I actually have missed being in the office.

Rahab likes this.
  6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Everyone at my job is incredibly high strung. After working there a few months i'm starting to understand why :sweatsmile: but they occassionally give us alcohol so we can relax, so that makes up for it I guess

Rahab likes this.
  7. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Nothing worse than a workplace where everyone takes themselves too seriously.

Total Darkness and Rahab like this.
  8. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

My job is so great when everyone is being silly and in a good mood. We've had many customers tell us how jealous they are of our jobs because it seems so fun. And we work at a gas station, so it's not really a job to envy.

scratcho and Rahab like this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My workplace is all about having fun.
    No fun, no job. :p

Rahab likes this.
  10. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

During my lifetime, I have run 14 Royal film performances at which people seemed to assume that we needed to be dead serious. Nothing is further from the truth, if one of my engineers got tense, the likelihood of a mistake increased greatly.
    In my younger days, I worked in cardiac surgery and the same was true. Obviously everyone needed to concentrate closely, but tension led to confusion and an unsteady hand, both of which could have cost a patient their life.

To me, bosses creating tension is a form of bullying. It is most common among people who are uncertain of their job and want to create a situation where no one dares to question them.

11. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

In my line of work I work very closely with 3-5 other people. At all my locations and companies it has always been a good atmosphere. I worked with a lot of different types of people and always had fun learning about them and making jokes with em to pass the time. I've always gotten along with the people I work closely with and have considered a lot of them friends, not just co workers.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Gotta stitch some folks up at work.
    Box of sparks.mate.
    Get down to the take out store, get me a randy tart. :p

13. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

You cannot make jokes in today's political climate. Everyone is too easily offended. You have to make resort to lame, unfunny, SJW type humor unless you want to lose your job or worse.

storch and 6-eyed shaman like this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

That's why private enterprise is better, because then we can choose our potantial employees based on other values, like if they can take a joke or not. Not going to fit in socially, not interested. Take your college degree, back to where you came from! :D

15. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I once wore a white t-shirt with the words WHITE MALE in big black bold letters to work. Many in the office thought it was funny. But 2 people made anonymous reports, and I was asked not to wear it to work anymore because of safe space policies.

16. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

^^^^^^...Did You Ever Go Ahead And Wear It In That Parade....???

Cheers Glen.

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I wear a Behemoth shirt when I have to go voting.
    It has an apostle getting eaten by lions on the front and on the back in big ass letters it reads

CHRISTIANS TO THE LIONS!

:D

Its my anti social go and get fucked I don't care T shirt.

Meliai likes this.
  18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

My boyfriend has a shirt that says FUCKING SLAYER.

He was wearing it once in the grocery store when we happened to notice a lot of people bring their kids to the grocery store. So out of politeness he crossed his arms across his chest but he covered up slayer instead of fucking so his shirt just said fucking

Good times

Irminsul likes this.
  19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I did

Some of the feminist marchers wanted selfies with me. :D

The event volunteers were following me around like a bunch of creeps. Trying to make sure I didn't "step out of line" via attempted intimidation tactics.

GLENGLEN likes this.
  20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

One of my other shirts says

Fvckin
    Sh!t
    Cvnt!

:D

I wore it once to a festival with some good responses. :D