joining the army

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by jimi420, May 22, 2007.

1. jimi420

jimi420 Member

2. HoodHop

HoodHop Member

i enlisted into the Marines...

3. stonedmonkiwana

stonedmonkiwana K9 Handler

I haven't enlisted in the armed services.. and I never will.

4. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

What does fdh mean? ( fat, dumb and happy? Focal Dermal Hypoplasia?)

I would never join either, ever, not in this world or any other one I have yet to discover.

5. Alaskan

Alaskan Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I feel serving your country through military service is an Honorable thing to do.
    BUT, during this current administrations unlawful involvement in wars we have started
    with no request of local governments, I would not encourage any young person to enlist at this time.
    The current government under the command of George W. Bush is the most corrupt
    in the history of the United States. I do not and will not support this mad-man and his henchmen.
    I was drafted into the U.S. Army in 1969 and served for 2 years, 1 of those years was in The Republic of South Viet Nam. It was not picnic and wasn't a very popular
    war..
    Now think of the times of involvement, we have been in Iraq longer than WWII lasted,
    our involvement anyhow. Viet Nam, we had troops "in country" for 20 years.
    We now have National Guard units going back for their 3 rd. tour of duty.

6. TeknoShaman

TeknoShaman Member

I spent four years in the United States Air Force. I don't like to bring it up because I don't like to be associated with them. I learned a lot and actually don't regret joining for how much it taught me and helped me mature.