Join the Sleeping on the Floor Club Free Entry

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by David0301, Jan 14, 2018.

1. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I only end up on the floor when Jane's 9 brothers and 4 sisters pay us a surprise visit and we cant all fit in one bed without breaking it. LMAO.

2. David0301

David0301 Members

well, thats a good start for you then ;-) ps 13 siblings??? jeeezzz

3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

15 originally, 2 have already died. If they all brought their partners and families along we would need about 70 beds and that is not including the grandchildren.
    PS, I am an only child, so I feel a bit outnumbered at times. LOL .

4. David0301

David0301 Members

i think you are kidding me bro. 15 siblings hmm..... :hushed:

5. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

A futon can be cared for , like seasonally taking it outside to receive the blessing of wind
    and sun . Might as well then sleep on the ground for awhile , patient with this renewal .

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

theoretically there should be some difference, since in a regular bed there is a mattress on a box spring which is supported by a frame only along the edges. versus just a mattress on a fully supported hard surface. but yeah, no noticeable difference, which makes me think that the whole box spring thing is just a scam by the bed companies to charge more money for beds.

anyway, i really wasn't trying to claim that i slept on the floor at that point, i was just saying that's as close as i've ever come to doing so on a normal basis.

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Whole box springs really are a scam and I dont think they're very common in other places, they're mostly a US thing

The last time I replaced a mattress I just went to a hardware store and had some 2x4s cut the width of the bed and used those instead. It saved me ..however much box springs cost, I'm not even sure

8. David0301

David0301 Members

box spring is a great thing, just dont put that garbage foam mattrasse on it, you can put all kindzzz of things on it instead, or try the japanese "tatami" , its made of straw entirely and weighs about 35 kilos

9. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Seems well to have an air-space under your bio-mattress . I currently sleep every night on the floor and
    even then the simple blanket I lay upon is loosely woven , crocheted by my old granny . Sleeping on air ,
    ya .

The canopied bed ( and straw mattress) is also very old , traditional . It is an insulated little room within a room
    whether within a northern castle or nomadic yurt or village farmer's hut .

David0301 likes this.
  10. David0301

David0301 Members

I dont exactly understand what you mean. Can you show me a photo of your bed? or maybe post a google link so I can look at how you bed looks like? thanks

11. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

What's this ? : granny knitted and gave me blanket , I spread it upon the floor , I lay me down to sleep
    there For warmth in covering this body my sister makes me a blanket and another is from my mother
    and another from a grandfather . Four blankets make this bed upon the floor for the winter .

When I rise , sometimes the peace dog will come by and lay upon the blankets . She naps
    or gnaws upon a deer antler or a buffalo toe or nibbles upon an ear of Indian corn .

12. David0301

David0301 Members

??? are you using google translate?

13. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

What of that writing do you understand , or what of it do you not ? It's most important to
    accept whatever you believe is understandable and then ignore the mysterious . It's not
    necessary that you be initiated into our cult of complete understanding .

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    David0301 likes this.
  14. David0301

David0301 Members

hahah, ok , you made me laugh. I can bet you are asian. Sometimes I have troubles understanding your text though

15. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Yes , I have noticed you have a disability in reading . Be well rested , Foo Tahn .

David0301 likes this.
  16. David0301

David0301 Members

i like that comment of you. It kind of made me think a little bit deeper ...contemplating

17. David0301

David0301 Members

:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

18. David0301

David0301 Members

I need explanation for this sentence please.
    Any english native here can help me understand?

19. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Translation:- When He Gets Out Of Bed In The Morning.....His Dog Curls Up On The Blanket Chewing

On A Bone Or A Cob Of Corn.....:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

20. David0301

David0301 Members

oh hi, thanks, you are an australian native i can see, its just the way he is talking english is very unusual, unheard of to me, especially what is "an indian corn" ??