Johnson to prorogue Parliament.

Discussion in 'U.K. Politics' started by Vladimir Illich, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

2. Wrote a wee piece in my blog you might want to read

3. Vladimir Illich

Apart from here, not on other social forums like Facebook etc,

4. Vladimir Illich

5. A truly democratic society? Unfortunately probably not in my lifetime. Many British people seem quite happy with a system that differentiates between those who have and those who don't. In my opinion many in the latter category vote for the status quo even though it is heavily weighed against them. Robert Tressell would be turning in his grave!

6. Vladimir Illich

The French did it 300 odd years ago, the Russians did it 102 years ago, what we now want and badly need is a 'revolution' !!!

7. Yeah I agree but I really don't see it happening unfortunately. I had the good fortune to be in Cuba a lot of years ago and I saw first hand how revolution can work. On the flip side, my old neighbour in Spain fought alongside la Passioraria in Madrid before being imprisoned. She saw how families were torn apart, foreign help called on by Franco and infighting between factions lost the cause.

8. Vladimir Illich

My dad was in Spain in 1936 - fighting with the International Brigade !!! - My paternal Grandmother (all 4' 9" of her) was a match girl in Bryant & May factory during the 'match Girl's Strike'

and later was also a suffragette, so I come from a long line of 'rebels' :laughing::laughing::laughing:

9. You do!
    I on the other hand got my political education through my lifestyle and also from observation and a deep sense of injustice for the average man. I just wish that the average man in this country would open his fucking eyes and see what is going on!

10. Vladimir Illich

My 'political' education started from a very early age - my Dad was ward Chairman and my Mum was Ward Secretary of the Labour Party and our lounge was the Committee room so I got to hear and see all the political shenanigans from an early age. When I commenced work myself and joined the Trade Union, I quickly became a Shop steward and led over 2000 members of staff out on a strike which stopped the Railways for many hours.

11. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

I don't agree with it as it goes against being a democracy .I don't think it matters what political allegiance one is with to see that.